Instead of Canon Digital Rebel...

Old December 13th 04, 02:28 PM
Drifter

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:59:57 -0800, "Frank ess"
wrote:

Big Bill wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:34:24 -0500, wrote:

I use to own a Canon Digital Rebel and loved it. This was about 8
months or so ago. I had to sell the camera for personal reasons and
now i'm back in the market for another digital SLR model. I remember
the digital rebel having really awesome battery life and pretty nice
features with very good pictures. It did lack a really nice feature
which was an LCD screen you can turn around to protect it. Are there
any digital SLR's available right now that is just as good or better
then the Digital Rebel? I wouldn't mind purchasing another digital
rebel, but wanted to double check around to see what's new out there
since I haven't been in the loop for such a long time,

Thanks!

If SWMBO would let me upgrade my DR, I'd get a 20D.

This will be a little ot:

If there is a Digital Rebel, what is its near relative the 20D called?
"Digital Insurgent"?

Digital "Coup d'Etat" ? grin.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

Old December 13th 04, 03:33 PM
Darrell Larose

wrote in message
I use to own a Canon Digital Rebel and loved it. This was about 8 months

or
so ago. I had to sell the camera for personal reasons and now i'm back in
the market for another digital SLR model. I remember the digital rebel
having really awesome battery life and pretty nice features with very good
pictures. It did lack a really nice feature which was an LCD screen you

can
turn around to protect it. Are there any digital SLR's available right now
that is just as good or better then the Digital Rebel? I wouldn't mind
purchasing another digital rebel, but wanted to double check around to see
what's new out there since I haven't been in the loop for such a long

time,

Thanks!

The Drebel price is hundreds less than last year, in Canada it was CDN $1600
last year, now I sell it for CDN $1200. The competiton is the Pentax * ist
DS kit for CDN $1300, and the Nikon D70 kit for CDN $1500. There will be a
Olympus E-300 (aka E-Volt) early in 2005.

Old December 13th 04, 03:47 PM
Cliff Smith

wrote in message
I use to own a Canon Digital Rebel and loved it. This was about 8 months or
so ago. I had to sell the camera for personal reasons and now i'm back in
the market for another digital SLR model. I remember the digital rebel
having really awesome battery life and pretty nice features with very good
pictures. It did lack a really nice feature which was an LCD screen you
can
turn around to protect it. Are there any digital SLR's available right now
that is just as good or better then the Digital Rebel? I wouldn't mind
purchasing another digital rebel, but wanted to double check around to see
what's new out there since I haven't been in the loop for such a long
time,

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at the Pentax Ist-DS. It has some great
features, especially in auto mode. It's also a lot smaller and lighter than
any of the Canons or Nikons.

--
Cliff Smith
www.cliffsmith.co.uk

Old December 13th 04, 04:55 PM
Big Bill

wrote:

Big Bill wrote:
[...]

Obviously.
For example, the Suburban's proposed big brother (to compete with the
Ford Excursion) will be called the Subdivision. :-)

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old December 13th 04, 11:13 PM
Darrell Larose

wrote:

Obviously.
For example, the Suburban's proposed big brother (to compete with the
Ford Excursion) will be called the Subdivision. :-)

In cars there was the Lincoln Townhouse...