The single-element "flat" lens. Take it with a grain of salt

Old June 4th 16, 05:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

Default The single-element "flat" lens. Take it with a grain of salt

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I remember when they announced this for microwaves. Whether it works is a
big "IF" and I'll believe it when I see it, for ANY visual light optical
device. Scientists have a way of peppering websites with all kinds of happy
new inventions that NEVER see the light of day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36438686

It's not the scientists who do the "peppering"; it's usually
semi-literate (and totally innumerate) "science" "reporters" who are
responsible.

Isaac
Old June 4th 16, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray carter

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 22:03:12 -0700, Rich A wrote:

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 12:01:11 AM UTC-4, isw wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

I remember when they announced this for microwaves. Whether it works
is a big "IF" and I'll believe it when I see it, for ANY visual light
optical device. Scientists have a way of peppering websites with all
kinds of happy new inventions that NEVER see the light of day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36438686

It's not the scientists who do the "peppering"; it's usually
semi-literate (and totally innumerate) "science" "reporters" who are
responsible.

Isaac

It's depressing because if you do a review at the end of the year of the
coming innovations on those sites, and see how low the number that
actually become something is, you realized it's about the same as
cataloging how many psychic predictions come true in a year.

I have a solution for your depression - don't check.
Old June 4th 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

RichA wrote:

I remember when they announced this for microwaves. Whether it works is a
big "IF" and I'll believe it when I see it, for ANY visual light optical
device. Scientists have a way of peppering websites with all kinds of happy
new inventions that NEVER see the light of day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36438686

It's not the scientists who do the "peppering"; it's usually
semi-literate (and totally innumerate) "science" "reporters" who are
responsible.

Isaac

It's depressing because if you do a review at the end of the year of the coming innovations on those sites, and see how low the number that actually become something is, you realized it's about the same as cataloging how many psychic predictions come true in a year.

What a fascinating life you must lead!

Eric Stevens
Old June 7th 16, 01:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

RichA wrote:

I remember when they announced this for microwaves. Whether it works is a
big "IF" and I'll believe it when I see it, for ANY visual light optical
device. Scientists have a way of peppering websites with all kinds of happy
new inventions that NEVER see the light of day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36438686

It's not the scientists who do the "peppering"; it's usually
semi-literate (and totally innumerate) "science" "reporters" who are
responsible.

Isaac

It's depressing because if you do a review at the end of the year of the coming innovations on those sites, and see how low the number that actually become something is, you realized it's about the same as cataloging how many psychic predictions come true in a year.

How good can the psychic be, if you have to make reservations for
psychic night at your local restaurant.

--
PeterN
Old June 7th 16, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

RichA wrote:

[...]

I went to a psychic once. When the session was over and the psychic
asked for payment, I told him that I didn't bring any money with me and
he should have known that.