Does Kodak v550 have 2-second delay shot mode?

Old November 5th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Curse

Default Does Kodak v550 have 2-second delay shot mode?

Thanks in advance for your comments. By the way this is my first thread
on google groups so please excuse me if anything I've done is wrong so
far.

Old November 6th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Whiskers

On 2006-11-05, Curse wrote:
Thanks in advance for your comments.

A quick skim through the specification, suggests there is no 'self timer'.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/v550.html.

By the way this is my first thread
on google groups so please excuse me if anything I've done is wrong so
far.

This is a usenet newsgroup, nothing at all to do with Google.

Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm

and here

http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/, the Official Home Page of the
newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

Google Groups is not usenet. Google Groups is a combination of

1) A searchable archive of most of the articles posted into most
usenet newsgroups in the last 20 years or so, purchased by Google
from 'DejaNews' who started it.

2) A badly designed web forum interface to allow reading and posting
in those newsgroups.

3) Google's own proprietary web forums, which are not part of usenet.
For reasons of their own, Google do not make the distinction
between their own web forums and the real newsgroups very clear.

1) is a useful service. 2) and 3) are means of getting people to look at
and occasionally click on the advertisements that Google display, and
which earn them their money.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old November 6th 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David J Taylor

Curse wrote:
Thanks in advance for your comments. By the way this is my first
thread on google groups so please excuse me if anything I've done is
wrong so far.

Welcome to the group, Curse!

I would suggest asking your question in the body of the message, rather
than only in the title of the message, although I think your title is fine
in this case.

I don't know the answer to your question, and if you don't get an answer
here you might want to try the rec.photo.digital newsgroup. Be warned,
though, that newsgroup is very busy (part of the reason this newsgroup was
set up).

Cheers,
David

Old November 6th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Curse

Whiskers, thanks for your kind warning. It is caused by both my
careless behaviour and poor warnings of the g.. thing. I will check out
the links you've posted.

Old November 6th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Curse

Thanks David J Taylor,

I agree with your suggestion. I will take this into consideration.

By the way I have found the answer to my question and unfortunately
it's "no". I have downloaded the manual for this camera and I saw that
it only mentioned about the 10 sec. delay under the self-timer subject.

Old November 6th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David J Taylor

Curse wrote:
Thanks David J Taylor,

I agree with your suggestion. I will take this into consideration.

By the way I have found the answer to my question and unfortunately
it's "no". I have downloaded the manual for this camera and I saw that
it only mentioned about the 10 sec. delay under the self-timer
subject.

May I make one more suggestion, Curse?

In this group (as in the parent rec.photo.digital), the preference is for
the text you post to follow the message to which it refers, and to cut as
much as possible while leaving enough original text to establish the
context of your reply. This is often referred to as "bottom posting", and
can become an emotional issue with some people. If you can follow this
convention, many people will approve of your style.

Sorry to hear about the camera - you will just have to have be patient for
another eight seconds!

Cheers,
David

Old November 6th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Whiskers

On 2006-11-06, Curse wrote:
Whiskers, thanks for your kind warning. It is caused by both my
careless behaviour and poor warnings of the g.. thing. I will check out
the links you've posted.

Have fun ) Usenet is one of the best things you can get to using the
internet - or one of the worst G

--
-- Whiskers