Donate your D30/lenses for an incredible cause!

Old November 22nd 03, 01:33 AM
OutdoorPhoto

Default Donate your D30/lenses for an incredible cause!

Hello, I am about to embark on a new challenge and I desperately need some
help. There is a local troubled youth shelter that I have recently
volunteered my time at to teach the problem kids digital photography. My
plan is to help keep them off the streets and out of gangs, and hopefully
help them look at the world in a different light. We have decided on digital
to keep the costs and time down and to utilize computer equipment and
printers already at the shelter. Not to mention the instant feedback that
will keep them interested in it more. I think photography is the perfect
tool to really change these kids lives and alot of the shelter employee's
and volunteer's are in agreement with me. I have purchased and donated
several of my own canon eos lower end lenses and have also recieved some
from an estate but we are in desperate need of bodies and a few more lenses.
I am tapped right now as I am in the US Military for my full time job and I
have been a volunteer at the shelter off and on for several years now. I am
looking for at least 3-4 bodies and a few more inexpensive lenses in the
wide angle to medium telephoto range. It definitely doesnt have to be state
of the art stuff to make this program work, that is why I am looking for
older digital bodies. I would like to stick with SLR's for the most part
since we already have the lenses and one of the goals is to work with a
local wildlife park to get the kids to interact with the animals. I think an
slr with some decent telephoto zooms will work best for that. If you have an
old D30 or D60 you are thinking about getting rid of and would like to
really make a difference supporting this worthy cause, please e-mail me at
. Even if you cant fully donate it, I may be able to
scrounge a little money up to buy one or two really cheap if we can get a
couple others donated. Thanks for at least looking and god bless!

Old November 22nd 03, 06:48 AM
james

So, where is this Youth Shelter?? What state and city? And how about an
address and phone number of the director, along with his/her name?
Otherwise, I think this post is a SCAM and you will be hard pressed to get
someone(anyone) to "donate" 3-4 D30's or D60's to you.
So, if you're going to ask for donations on a public forum, you need to
provide a lot more information that just your email address. Let's have your
information. What branch of the military are you in? Where are you
stationed? Your rank? Don't ask for expensive freebies without giving a
lot more information about you and your charity.
james

Old November 22nd 03, 04:04 PM
Can

I have 5-10D's and a few old 1D's that you can have. Please respond
quickly as trash day is Monday. Also, I know you were looking for
inexpensive lenses but will you take my "L" lenses off my hands? I'm
not sure what to do with them.
Old November 22nd 03, 04:32 PM
james

ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!! In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

om...

Old November 23rd 03, 12:01 AM
OutdoorPhoto

Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need. If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

"james" wrote in message
link.net...
ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!! In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

om...

Old November 23rd 03, 01:23 AM
james

Well Cory, considering that you asked on a public forum for people to donate
expensive equipment, you could have done exactly as I suggested (if your
cause was legitmate) and supplied the information, in the forum. You didn't
exactly supply anything approaching useful information that would make
someone want to contact you and donate anything. You could have easily said:
Hi, my name is Cory Kittle and I am stationed at: ________ Military Post,
and there is a Youth Shelter in: ___________ nearby, where I have
volunteered to help. The ________ Youth Shelter is run by: __________
he/she is the Director.
Here is how to contact him/her. _________________-(would prove you're not a
scammer)
You get the picture. In other words, you did not make a good first
impression and made your post look more like a scam than a legitimate
charity.
As for me, I don't go online and brag about my "worthwhile" endeavors. I
just do what I can. Besides, I am not the person that is asking people to
donate expensive photography equipment without even supplying enough
information to help anyone wanting to or thinking about, donating said
equipment.
So, grow up, quite being so full of yourself and be upfront about the
situation.
james

(or did we hit the nail on the head and you are just someone trying to get
some free equipment for yourself?)

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message
Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in

helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need.

If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

"james" wrote in message
link.net...
ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!!

In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay

for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

om...

Old November 23rd 03, 03:17 AM
Don Coon

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message
Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in

helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need.

If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

Cory, I personally think James is the one doing something worthwhile here.
If your cause is legitimate, you'd be more than happy to supply the
requested information. If it isn't, James has hopefully saved a number of
people from being scammed.

What's so unreasonable about his request?

"james" wrote in message
link.net...
ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!!

In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay

for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

om...

Old November 23rd 03, 04:05 AM
Can

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message ...
Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need. If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

A scumbag like yourself looking for free cameras and you call us "true
gems of society"?

Get off your ass and buy your own stuff thief!
Old November 26th 03, 06:21 AM
JB

"james" wrote in message thlink.net...
So, where is this Youth Shelter?? What state and city? And how about an
address and phone number of the director, along with his/her name?
Otherwise, I think this post is a SCAM and you will be hard pressed to get
someone(anyone) to "donate" 3-4 D30's or D60's to you.
So, if you're going to ask for donations on a public forum, you need to
provide a lot more information that just your email address. Let's have your
information. What branch of the military are you in? Where are you
stationed? Your rank? Don't ask for expensive freebies without giving a
lot more information about you and your charity.
james

Maybe the guy didn't want to post all his contact information out here on
this board but rather, expected discretion when dealing with people rather
than attitude.

Why not email him privately with your questions instead of trying to
humiliate him in public for asking for "expensive frebies"? Courtesy should
not be an expensive freebie, it should be given with no cost, don't you
agree? Just a thought.
Old November 26th 03, 07:01 AM
JB

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message ...
Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need. If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

"james" wrote in message
link.net...
ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!! In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

"Can" wrote in message
om...
I have 5-10D's and a few old 1D's that you can have. Please respond
quickly as trash day is Monday. Also, I know you were looking for
inexpensive lenses but will you take my "L" lenses off my hands? I'm
not sure what to do with them.

Hey dude, don't take these people too seriously. Most of the threads go
something like this. 1. Someone asks a question. 2. Well meaning
individual trys to answer the question, and he may be right or wrong.
3. 5 guys tell the guy offering an answer to original question that he is
some sort of mental defective. 4. 8-10 guys have a ****ing contest as to
who has the biggest camera, best resolution, most understanding of
technology etc. 5. 20 guys lay claim as ****ing contest champion.

Most of the posters are civilians and behind the anonimity of their posts
many don't live up to common military traits such as adherence to codes of
conduct, discretion, courtesy, honor, trust etc.

You are doing a good thing, good luck to you. If most of these people on
the board had been subjected to the draft as young people for example,
they would still be cautious, but cautious without "attitude".

It's the culture man and man is a herd animal.