Photo merging softeware

Old August 30th 15, 11:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
rwalker

Default Photo merging softeware

Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.
Old August 30th 15, 11:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 30/08/2015 11:09, rwalker wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

To make a wide-angle shot from multiple images I use Autopano Pro. It's
pretty good, and dedicated to the job.

http://store.kolor.com/panorama/soft...o-pro-4-x.html

--
Cheers,
David
Old August 30th 15, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-30 10:09:33 +0000, rwalker said:

Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

These days the "Photo Merge" to Panorama in Lightroom and Photoshop are
hard to beat. I can't address how that translated to the latest
editions of PSE.

Savageduck

Old August 30th 15, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , rwalker
wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

nonsense. photoshop elements 11 and 12 have panorama stitching, but if
you really hate it, search for panorama stitching software. there are a
number of options, which may not be as good.
Old August 30th 15, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

http://matthewalunbrown.com/autostitch/autostitch.html

Old August 30th 15, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-30 06:09, rwalker wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

PS CS5 (etc.) does this quite well. But it's expensive if that's all
you need.

Old August 30th 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-08-30 06:09, rwalker wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

PS CS5 (etc.) does this quite well. But it's expensive if that's all
you need.

Aren't some older versions legally available at very reasonable prices?

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 15, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-30 06:09, rwalker wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

PS CS5 (etc.) does this quite well. But it's expensive if that's all
you need.

Aren't some older versions legally available at very reasonable prices?

If you had a valid serial number for CS2 and could find a good download
you could install and run it without registration.
....but that was CS2 which is now unsupported by any current OS.

Savageduck

Old August 30th 15, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-08-30 06:09, rwalker wrote:
Anybody have any suggestions for software for creating photographic
panoramas? Photoshop Elements 4 had a great photomerge program.
Photoshop elements 11 and 12 stink, and I haven't been able to find
anything else yet to substitute. Elements 4 would take photos taken
from different perspectives, correct them and join them together
almost seemlessly. No such luck with 11 or 12, or anything else I've
yet to find.

PS CS5 (etc.) does this quite well. But it's expensive if that's all
you need.

Aren't some older versions legally available at very reasonable prices?

If you had a valid serial number for CS2 and could find a good download
you could install and run it without registration.
...but that was CS2 which is now unsupported by any current OS.

I would think that if someone had CS3, 4,5, or 6, and had switched to
CC, they could legally sell it, since CC2015 for PS and LR is not
upgrade pricing.

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 15, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

PS CS5 (etc.) does this quite well. But it's expensive if that's all
you need.

Aren't some older versions legally available at very reasonable prices?

If you had a valid serial number for CS2 and could find a good download
you could install and run it without registration.

where 'find a good download' is adobe directly.

however, that is intended for actual owners of cs2, not pirates.

...but that was CS2 which is now unsupported by any current OS.

correct. it won't run on anything recent. it's for people who refuse to
upgrade their old hardware and for some reason, happen to need to
reinstall cs2.