[PIC] The Fate of Film

Old January 19th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter Chant[_2_]

Default The Fate of Film

JimKramer wrote:

Can I check - is your mother a member of the Knights Templar? *Should be
trudge round Paris based on its predictions?

Pete

--http://www.petezilla.co.uk

No, and yes, but only with a camera. :-)

To Paris, to Paris we go! Now who's paying for the trip?

lest see

DEAR MR _____,

I AM THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE LATE...

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old January 19th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Advocate54

"Eric Miller" wrote in message
. ..

I see "FILM DIED" or "FILM SO DIED."

I guess the jacket, like the scriptures, are open to interpretation.

I see "FILM IS DIED"

and I see "FILM NO DIE"

Although I am not confident that is true.

Old January 21st 08, 09:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 11:40*am, Draco wrote:
On Jan 18, 10:44*am, JimKramer wrote:

On Jan 18, 9:58*am, "Eric Miller"
wrote:

I see "FILM DIED" or "FILM SO DIED."
I guess the jacket, like the scriptures, are open to interpretation..

I see "FILM IS DIED"

Eric Millerwww.dyesscreek.com

Infidels! The lot of you! Do not mock the Holey Jacket!

And your grammar is atrocious. :-)

I also see "I LURK". Fun way of looking at things. But real messages?

Just like they said that B&W film will die when color hit the market.
Film will never go away.

Draco

I think it all depends on market forces. As long as film can make a
buck
and be used for applications digital can't it will stay on the market.
The
market forces may run film out but there will always be esoteric
artistic
qualities to it which will survive a long time. Two totally different
mediums.

As digital advances, however, there is bound to be a reduction in film
as
the market is flooded. Technology keeps changing. Eventually digital
will
morph into something quite different than it is right now. Examples:
casette
replaced eight track tapes; CDs and DVDs replaced vinyl records and
VHS videos; digital
tv replaced analog television; try to find a public payphone!. Cell
phones
have replaced them. For my taste there is too much technological flux
and
change in civilization..

Michael Ragland

Michael Ragland.

Michael Ragland
Old January 21st 08, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 5:26*am, JimKramer wrote:
After years of film v. digital debates the Truth is about to be
revealed. *The mystical jacket will reveal all...

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/MJ/TheFateOfFilm.htm

Do not look unless you are willing to accept the prophecy of the
jacket.

States "Film no die" but this is a matter of perspective as you
point out.

Michael Ragland