Hey idiots! Fuji sensor is 1/2.3"

Old March 1st 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
MikeWhy

Default Hey idiots! Fuji sensor is 1/2.3"

"Ken Walls" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:17:58 -0800 (PST), Chrlz
wrote:

or ... those who understand that the larger the sensor, the better the
image.

All of these comparisons prove you to be exactly what you are. A
know-nothing pretend-photographer troll.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX10_IS/outdoor_results.shtml

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml

http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

I had not wanted to resort to physical comedy earlier to make my point. ALL
the 7D samples at the wiggett blog were shot at f/16, much smaller than the
diffraction limited aperture of f/6.9. Below DLA, resolution depends only on
sensor size and aperture, not sensor resolution. The DLA resolution for
APS-C at f/16 is 3.3 MP, which looks unremarkably like what wiggett posted.
I'm all but certain that it was completely intentional and committed with
malice aforethought. What a jokester. Eh? Theory does match practice enough
of the time to compell one to study and understand the theory.

The Luminous Landscape G10 shots were all at (relatively) large apertures --
f/3.5, f/4, and f/4.5 --on the 1/1.7" sensor. Diffraction is not an issue at
those apertures, and the article is not of interest in this discussion
except as a control. So noted; theory still matches practice.

I only glanced at the SX10 page, not having any current interest in another
P&S. Is there anything there relevant to the sensor size versus diffraction
discussion?

Old March 1st 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ken Walls

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:11:16 -0600, "MikeWhy"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

.... and there was a rock in your shoe, your girdle was too tight, your
tennis racket was missing a string, the sun was in your eyes, you lost your
glasses that day, your self-inducing ignorance and biased
justification-blinders prevented you from seeing better carrots while you
trotted around your decades old manure-filled endless loop ... yadda yadda
yadda....

major yawn

Old March 2nd 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
ColinD[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Jesus. If P&S cameras do that to your mind, I'd be wary of them.

Colin D.