20D Autofocus issue

Old April 15th 05, 02:10 PM
Skip M

"Douglas" wrote in message
news

"Skip M" wrote in message
news:Grh7e.46143$lz2.39563@fed1read07...

--

Douglas' comments may have been construed by the OP that there is a
design flaw in the Canon DSLR mount, and that such problems as he has are
endemic to the type, which in turn may cause him to cease trying to get
the problem solved, or to switch to another brand that doesn't have those
percieved design flaws.
His reply to me was rude beyond justification.

Dyslexic Moron is what I called you Skip.
Dyslexic because you can't comprehend what you read and a moron for
refusing to put any value in what I said until *YOU* saw some of my
photographs.

You called me a moron before I called on you to show some results. You
called me a moron because I objected to your statement that Canon had "many"
plastic mount lenses in their line. If you had been less rude about your
reply, I may have apologized for misreading your statement about owning a 1
series camera.

Nothing rude or beyond justification there Skip, in view of what you said
which prompted it.
The OP's (you do remember there was one?) post was about a 20D which had a
70~200 f2.8 lens losing contact and not working. I happen to have several
Canon SLRS and DSLRs and 2 of these lenses.

Way beyond justification. I didn't resort to name calling, and if my
wording was a little harsh ("actually own a 1") if your response hadn't been
so over the top ("dyslexic moron") an apology for that, and an explanation,
might have been forthcoming. But you were clearly wrong about the plastic
lens mount issue, both on body count and design. The mounts are looser on
the lenses, probably to compensate for the possibility of wear. Instead of
admitting that you were wrong on the number of plastic mount lenses, you
continued the argument and insults.

I've had that exact same problem with one of the lenses which used to be
on a DSLR but for you... This is unbelievable because you can't afford a
duplicate set of gear and never had the opportunity to see - side by side
what happens when a lens which has had a lot of use on a EOS 1 is used on
a 20D without first getting Canon to fix the way the contacts have
adjusted to the film camera... Taken a 'set" to the mount.

What do you mean by "duplicate?" I certainly have more than one EF mount
camera, (A2, 1n, D30, 20D) and have done what you describe. I had been
shooting in the desert all day with my 1n, and, after about 3 hours of this,
switched to a D30. Not a problem. If you mean over the course of several
years, I used the 1n and A2 for 4 or 5 years before getting the D30. If you
leave your lenses mounted in the bag, I've never done that for an extended
period of time. Also, in the absence of either of us actually measuring the
torque required to mount a lens, the pressure required to put a lens on my
A2 or D30 seems to be the same as the 20D.

Well you decided I didn't have a 20D or a 1 and it went on from there.
Before you start getting your rocks off on an issue, make sure you are not
the cause of the issue. And here you are shooting off again that *YOUR
OPINION* is fact when it's just pie in the sky. You're a Moron, Skip.

I never questioned whether you had a 20D, just a 1. And you seem to have a
reading comprehension problem of your own, since I have clearly stated that
these are my opinions.

Douglas

--
Skip Middleton