preference of techniques for inserting copyright notices

Old May 28th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. F. Cornwall

Default preference of techniques for inserting copyright notices

Hi all. Just curious how most folks deal with the repetitive and boring
task of inserting a copyright notice into a digital image while you're
processing it. Type it in by hand every time, or create a separate file
you paste in, or somethineg else?

Just curious. I do the type-it-in method myself, but I'm leaning
towards making a separate file.

Jim
Old May 28th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI-Powered

J. F. Cornwall offered these thoughts for the group's
consideration of the matter at hand:

Hi all. Just curious how most folks deal with the repetitive
and boring task of inserting a copyright notice into a digital
image while you're processing it. Type it in by hand every
time, or create a separate file you paste in, or somethineg
else?

Just curious. I do the type-it-in method myself, but I'm
leaning towards making a separate file.

I'd like to know that myself! I add a copyright manually in EXIF
even though it is easily removed. I know I can add them later in
Exifer, but what I'd really like is a batch function to add
something to EXIF and perhaps to the face of the image after I've
finished a series.

The best I have now is a small Notepad file with the most used
special character symbols , my copyright notice, and some other
useful stuff. I copy whatever to the clipboard and paste into
wherever I need it to go. Pretty slow and very tedious.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old May 29th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rutger

"J. F. Cornwall" schreef in bericht
Hi all. Just curious how most folks deal with the repetitive and boring
task of inserting a copyright notice into a digital image while you're
processing it. Type it in by hand every time, or create a separate file
you paste in, or somethineg else?

Just curious. I do the type-it-in method myself, but I'm leaning towards
making a separate file.

Exifer can do that for you.
http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Rutger

Old May 29th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
-Art- (not Art)[_2_]

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:09:53 -0500, "J. F. Cornwall"
wrote:

Hi all. Just curious how most folks deal with the repetitive and boring
task of inserting a copyright notice into a digital image while you're
processing it. Type it in by hand every time, or create a separate file
you paste in, or somethineg else?

Just curious. I do the type-it-in method myself, but I'm leaning
towards making a separate file.

Jim

I use:
PhotoWatermark Professional

Whether you want to watermark your pictures one-by-one or in batch,
PhotoWatermark Professional is the right tool you can rely on. With
both power and ease of use, it allows a mixture of text, drawing and
graphic watermarks. A variety of text styles including angled,
outlined, gradient or texture filled, 3D shadowed, inner shadowed,
embossed and engraved texts render you watermarks that speak of
professionalism. To include copyright and other symbols in watermarks
requires just a single click. The relative watermark position and size
give your watermarks a consistent appearance on your products.
Transparency setting allows you to choose how your pictures will be
presented to your potential customers. Watermarks can extract various
EXIF, IPTC and file information from individual photo. Most common
graphic formats of JPEG, TIFF, PNG, Bitmap, GIF, JPEG2000 and a number
of digital camera raw files are supported. A built-in watermark file
manager helps you manage multiple watermarks for different purposes.
You can save your favorite watermarks into the watermark library
library and reuse later. Real time hints are available for beginners.
PhotoWatermark Professional supports a combination of batch
watermarking, cropping, converting, resizing, renaming, enhancing,
framing and printing.

-Art- (not Art)

Old May 29th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Aaron

And lo, J. F. Cornwall emerged from the ether
and spake thus:
Hi all. Just curious how most folks deal with the repetitive and boring
task of inserting a copyright notice into a digital image while you're
processing it. Type it in by hand every time, or create a separate file
you paste in, or somethineg else?

Just curious. I do the type-it-in method myself, but I'm leaning
towards making a separate file.

Jim

I talked about my approach to this in an article on my blog,
Single-Serving Photo:

http://www.singleservingphoto.com/20...ed-workflow-i/

Basically I use a combination of ImageMagick, a previously-created GIF
image for the watermark, and a little bit of scripting magic to glue
it together. The code and examples in the article are for the Mac, but
they should be adaptable to the PC using something like Cygwin or
other similar trickery.

I have it to the point where watermarking doesn't even enter my mind
because it's all taken care of automatically at export time!

--
Aaron
http://www.fisheyegallery.com