Cat photo

Old May 9th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Cat photo

On 2017-05-07 19:10:17 +0000, "David B." said:
[....]
Btw, have you been here on a narrowboat holiday? We've met many of your
fellow citizens over more than 30 years of boating!

No. It was something I have thought about, but never got around to.
There was always something else to be done, or something else which
demanded the attention of my wallet.

Ha! I do understand! ;-)

Are you still young enough and sufficiently active to have it on your
bucket list?

I'm 68, and I have a pulse.

What a lovely way to describe yourself! :-)

If not, there is always the option of a *Hotel* narrowboat!

I found this for you: http://www.hotelboating.co.uk/the-hotelboats-crews.html

These days, since my wife died,

I am sorry for your loss and understand your pain. Can you recall the
name of my late son?

That would be Nick.

That's correct. Forgive me for double-checking that you had, indeed,
read all of my message at the YouTube link I provided earlier. I
sometimes find it a little difficult to learn who one can trust
on-line, especially in Usenet groups!

Will you be happy for me to contact you by email? Your experience as a
police officer might be helpful to me.

This post will give you some idea of what I'd like to ask you about:-

My email has always been available to those who were prepared to make
the simple fix to the address I use for Usenet.
As to whether or not I can be in anyway helpful, that might be somewhat
limited.

Savageduck

Old May 9th 17, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-09 16:22:30 +0000, PAS said:

On 5/9/2017 11:45 AM, PeterN wrote:

Last night I joined PETA. I was a People Eating a Tasty Animal.

I'm an animal lover. I love them grilled, fried, broiled...

....but fried catfish rather than fricasseed cat.

Savageduck

Old May 9th 17, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2017-05-09 16:22:30 +0000, PAS said:

On 5/9/2017 11:45 AM, PeterN wrote:

Last night I joined PETA. I was a People Eating a Tasty Animal.

I'm an animal lover. I love them grilled, fried, broiled...

...but fried catfish rather than fricasseed cat.

I never tried either. I am impressed that you tasted both.

Though I have eaten spicy worms in a Korean restaurant, and kept them down.

--
PeterN
Old May 10th 17, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gray_Wolf

On 5/9/2017 10:51 AM, David B. wrote:
On 08/05/2017 09:14, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/8/2017 2:11 AM, David B. wrote:
On 08/05/2017 07:04, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/7/2017 5:03 AM, David B. wrote:

[snip]

Oh dear! I'm so sorry.

My sincere apologies for messing things up! I do appreciate those folk who
tried
to look and advised of the problems. THANK YOU! :-)

This will, I trust, show you what I had first intended!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuogbkrzcy...of%21.jpg?dl=0

Nice shot! Nice color too.

Thank you! :-)

What type of photographic 'subject' is of most interest to you?

--
David B.

My interests are just every day stuff. At 77 I don't get out much anymore.
I've went through the women phase 30 years ago and am cured of that. :-)
The last 20 years mostly my dogs, before they died and family during the
holidays.

Thanks for the insight.

We are so fortunate to now be able to see the world through the Internet, even
if not physically able to get out and about so much.

This is so true! I've been on the Internet for 21 years now and am still amazed at
what's available on the 'net and more stuff comes out every day. YouTube has been
a blessing for allowing me to discover some of the really great guitarists in
the genres
of Classical, Jazz, Flamenco and even some R&R that I would have never heard
otherwise.

Old May 10th 17, 02:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/9/2017 9:53 PM, gray_wolf wrote:

Snip

This is so true! I've been on the Internet for 21 years now and am still
amazed at
what's available on the 'net and more stuff comes out every day.

Yup. I know some who cannot get out, and they enjoy looking at the world
the only way they can, through web, cams.

YouTube
has been
a blessing for allowing me to discover some of the really great
guitarists in the genres
of Classical, Jazz, Flamenco and even some R&R that I would have never
heard otherwise.

I could listen to Segovia for hours.

--
PeterN
Old May 10th 17, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/10/2017 5:09 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 16:45:47 UTC+1, peterN wrote:
On 5/9/2017 12:59 AM, Ron C wrote:
On 5/9/2017 12:18 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 8 May 2017 19:20:00 -0500, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 5/8/2017 2:16 AM, David B. wrote:
On 08/05/2017 07:37, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/5/2017 10:22 PM, John Albert wrote:
On 5/5/17 2:58 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
The link works for me. Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wegn3zl1xt...esize.jpg?dl=0

Nice pic, but a question about the cat -

What happened to his ear (the one we see on the right)?

It's part of the Trap Neuter Release program (TNR)
Ear-tipping is the preferred method to identify spayed or neutered and
vaccinated feral cats.

I learn something new every day!

Here's another cat with a tipped ear:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...A9azc4zCw/file

I'm disappointed that I couldn't view him/it! This is what I see:-

Try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfbm37dayk...%20-2.jpg?dl=0

The tipped eared cats was a new one on me too. I noticed the first
cat had a piece
of ear missing and didn't think much of it. Then the other cat
appeared with an
identical
ear tipped and I used google and found the answer. Good idea and easy
to spot.
Tattoos have been on spayed dogs' bellies.

I wonder if PETA will launch a campaign insisting that men who have
vasectomies have their ears notched. If we're going to do it with
cats, why not humans?

For what it's worth, PETA does not support TNR and thus would not likely
support your suggested expansion of the program.

Last night I joined PETA. I was a People Eating a Tasty Animal.

:-) nice one I'll, have to worm that into a conversion with vegitarian friends.

Some years ago I had lunch with some vegetarian friends, who claimed
never to have eaten meat. We went to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant,
where they encouraged me to try the vegetarian pork. When they told me
it tastes like the real thing, I refrained from asking how they knew.

--
PeterN
Old May 10th 17, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Some years ago I had lunch with some vegetarian friends, who claimed
never to have eaten meat. We went to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant,
where they encouraged me to try the vegetarian pork. When they told me
it tastes like the real thing, I refrained from asking how they knew.

why didn't you?

they probably meant it tasted like what they imagined meat to taste
like, versus the usual bland and boring vegetarian dishes.
Old May 10th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/10/2017 11:05 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Some years ago I had lunch with some vegetarian friends, who claimed
never to have eaten meat. We went to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant,
where they encouraged me to try the vegetarian pork. When they told me
it tastes like the real thing, I refrained from asking how they knew.

why didn't you?

Because I don't need to get my rocks off by being an obnoxious A-hoe
like you.

Old May 10th 17, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

Some years ago I had lunch with some vegetarian friends, who claimed
never to have eaten meat. We went to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant,
where they encouraged me to try the vegetarian pork. When they told me
it tastes like the real thing, I refrained from asking how they knew.

why didn't you?

Because I don't need to get my rocks off by being an obnoxious A-hoe
like you.

It's a pretty innocent question. They might have just been repeating
what they had been told by others who had eaten pork. Nothing wrong
with that.
Old May 10th 17, 08:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

[...]

You should have, someones been trying to convince me that all meat tastes and smells the same when cooking because it's just burnt flesh and all flesh is made from the same chemicals.

My most painful moment was when a veggie friend was showing me pictures of her trip to Australia showing me loads of pictures of cute Koalas, I just happen to say "I wonder what they taste like", she meant to punch me on the leg but missed and hit me in the groin .

Sure. Accident...