Tablet

Old February 22nd 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

Default Tablet

I purchased a Hanvon Tablet today at the local computer show. The
business owner was doing an excellent presentation with the tablet. In
December, I thought about buying one since I got a new digital camera
and wanted to get creative. :-)

For the demo, I don't know what software she had on the system, but she
was dragging and dropping flowers/people/landscapes which was pretty
neat. I do use GIMP, but she was using something else. Is there any
tablet specific software or plugins that make it fun with digital pictures?

Please let me know if you have any pointers or recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

NJ

PS - The Hanvon Tablet (Painting Master) is pretty good for its price.
It was mainly designed for Windows systems prior to Vista, so I had a
hard time finding the recent Vista drivers at their site. Overall, it
works and is great for amateurs. It came with tools/utilities that are
more specific to documents and not painting or digital pictures.
Old February 22nd 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeteD[_5_]

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Neil,

One of the best programs to use with a tablet is Corel Painter Essentials.

Cheers.

Pete

Old February 22nd 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

Neil Jones wrote:
I purchased a Hanvon Tablet today at the local computer show. The
business owner was doing an excellent presentation with the tablet. In
December, I thought about buying one since I got a new digital camera
and wanted to get creative. :-)

For the demo, I don't know what software she had on the system, but she
was dragging and dropping flowers/people/landscapes which was pretty
neat. I do use GIMP, but she was using something else. Is there any
tablet specific software or plugins that make it fun with digital pictures?

Please let me know if you have any pointers or recommendations.

Gimp works OK with tablets (at least with my Wacom Bamboo) and using it
with a tablet is already a quite different experience.
--
Bertrand
Old February 23rd 09, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

PeteD wrote:

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Pete,

Thanks for the info! It was amazing performance by the sales woman, and
was frustrating to me since I cannot reproduce it using my new gadget.
I will look into buying this software.

Cheers,

NJ
Old February 23rd 09, 12:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

Ofnuts wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
I purchased a Hanvon Tablet today at the local computer show. The
business owner was doing an excellent presentation with the tablet. In
December, I thought about buying one since I got a new digital camera
and wanted to get creative. :-)

For the demo, I don't know what software she had on the system, but she
was dragging and dropping flowers/people/landscapes which was pretty
neat. I do use GIMP, but she was using something else. Is there any
tablet specific software or plugins that make it fun with digital
pictures?

Please let me know if you have any pointers or recommendations.

Gimp works OK with tablets (at least with my Wacom Bamboo) and using it
with a tablet is already a quite different experience.

I tried this gadget on GIMP and it is an uphill curve.

NJ
Old February 23rd 09, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

Neil Jones wrote:
PeteD wrote:

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Note that if you're in the US Office Depot is listing the full Painter X on
their site for under a hundred bucks, which is not a lot more than
Essentials.

Old February 24th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

J. Clarke wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
PeteD wrote:

[...]