(June, 25th) Do you want to diner ?

Old June 25th 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Default (June, 25th) Do you want to diner ?

Hello,

Do you want to diner ?

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old June 25th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 25, 4:52 am, "Daniel Rocha" wrote:
Hello,

Do you want to diner ?

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

" Do you want to diner ?"

If it's escargots, forget it! LOL!
Nicely composed and I like the exposure. The waiter is in silhouette,
which is good as we don't need to see details of what he looks like.
What would have been really striking is if he were setting the table
for just 2. It would have been a more romantic shot.
You capture people without them being bothered by your presence.
Nice work Daniel.
Helen

Old June 25th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Jun 25, 4:52 am, "Daniel Rocha" wrote:
Hello,

Do you want to diner ?

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Regards

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Well done Daniel. Being there to capture the moment and not letting
the high lights over power the image. The window light does draw the
eye but then the sparkle off the silverware draws the viewer back to
the action of the table. The waiter being in silhouette is not
completely dark. You can still make out his face and his concentration
on setting the place settings just right. His shirt shows detail and
remains white without being blown out by the light through the window.
The time of day is evident by the hot spots on the floor by the
windows. Still the feel of the image could be early morning or
evening. Very nice light through out the room. You were able to
capture a feel that is difficult to obtain under the best conditions.

Again, well done Daniel. Besides the statue in the back ground looks
like it is either changing a light bulb or cleaning the chandlier. ;-)

Keep going. Your images seem to be getting a lot better and not as
"dark" as they were two years ago. Good.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Old June 25th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha

Draco wrote:
Well done Daniel. Being there to capture the moment and not letting
the high lights over power the image.

Thanks Draco. I take the shot quickly when I saw the man.

The window light does draw the
eye but then the sparkle off the silverware draws the viewer back to
the action of the table. The waiter being in silhouette is not
completely dark. You can still make out his face and his concentration
on setting the place settings just right. His shirt shows detail and
remains white without being blown out by the light through the window.

Thanks.

The time of day is evident by the hot spots on the floor by the
windows. Still the feel of the image could be early morning or
evening. Very nice light through out the room. You were able to
capture a feel that is difficult to obtain under the best conditions.

I take the shoot at approx 5PM if I remember correctly

Again, well done Daniel. Besides the statue in the back ground looks
like it is either changing a light bulb or cleaning the chandlier. ;-)

Right !

It's a restaurant... The place must be clean ! )

Keep going. Your images seem to be getting a lot better and not as
"dark" as they were two years ago. Good.

Thanks for comments Draco !

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com