{SI} Backlit Comments

Old March 6th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default {SI} Backlit Comments

I see the new submissions up although unannounced...
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/backlit2

Paul Furman - horsetail 'weeds'
I know,I faked the color but I think it worked. It was backlit.

Ken Nadvornick* - woodcarving artisan at work (b&w)
Nice spotlit look. It shows the concentration.

Bowser* - girl on pier
Wonderful lighting, another with interesting backlit hair. The glow is
beautiful, homemade soft filter, how did you make it?

Jim Kramer - jellyfish?
Wow what is that ink in water?

Bob Flint - store window and snow
Interesting that the only color is a red dot and a green dot.
Backlighting can give a b&w look when it's all silhouette.

Tom Gabriel* - chair on beach
This one has a soft pleasant glow on the hair, a different look than the
sparkling frizzies in other shots.

Alan Browne - three leaves
I really like the pattern in this. Nice bokeh.

Denelsbeck - projected slide
Neat shot, I like the exposure.
Old March 6th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

Old March 6th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

He must have got interrupted, that's why no announcement...

Old March 6th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

Must be a conspiracy, because I sent one in last night as well, and
it's not showing up either.

--
As soon as you all elect me "Benevolent Dictator", all your problems
will be solved.
Old March 6th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Must be a conspiracy, because I sent one in last night as well, and
it's not showing up either.

As usual, that crap didn't happen under the previous administration.

Old March 7th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

I have a question though: Does every pic that is submitted get posted
or does someone choose the "best" ones? Also I'm not sure of the
correct email address to send to.. I sent it to the one in the rulz
section.

Old March 7th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

ShibbyShane wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

I submitted two pictures and neither of them went up, not sure if
that's ok as this was my first time submitting.

Did you use a "legitimate" e-mail source?

Normally one pic only. Al might give you leeway, but probably not. You
can post your 2nd choice elsewhere, with a link here, as an alternate.

I have a question though: Does every pic that is submitted get posted
or does someone choose the "best" ones? Also I'm not sure of the
correct email address to send to.. I sent it to the one in the rulz
section.

That's the right place. si @ wading , etc.

All submitted phots that are not obscene are posted.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 7th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I have a question though: Does every pic that is submitted get posted
or does someone choose the "best" ones? Also I'm not sure of the
correct email address to send to.. I sent it to the one in the rulz
section.

Only one submission per customer. If you have others similar to the
mandate you can post them somewhere else online and link to them here.

Old March 7th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

TheDave© wrote in :

Annika1980 wrote:

Here's my comment: "Where's my pic?" I sent it in on Feb. 25 and
again last night.

Must be a conspiracy, because I sent one in last night as well, and
it's not showing up either.

Ahhhh, it's the new procedures for Round Five - iffen I don't like
the pics, I ain't agonna put 'em up ;-)

[There, that oughta get the self-righteous nitwits jumping around a
bit ;-) ]

I apologize, but never saw any sign of them. I made a small change
to the spam filter, which meant that if they got classified as
spam I might never have seen them. However, most everyone who's
submitted for the SI has been whitelisted, so regardless, they
should have come through the filter.

Try once more, if you would, and failing that, I can arrange for
another address to submit to. If I get it, you'll receive a personal
reply sometime after the auto-response.

Thanks!

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old March 7th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Annika1980" wrote in news:1141685156.690620.311740
@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Must be a conspiracy, because I sent one in last night as well, and
it's not showing up either.

As usual, that crap didn't happen under the previous administration.

I have to admit, this is perfectly true - not one Bret Douglas photo
failed to make it to the gallery. I hang my head in shame.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net