Compact Digital Camera Suggestions

Old March 22nd 05, 10:22 PM
billy

Default Compact Digital Camera Suggestions

I'm one of those people who has my camera in my cargo pants all the
time, so when the photo of the day comes along, its gone before I can
take the picture.

So, I need to shave a little time off the picture taking process. I've
been around to a few sites lately, reading reviews and such, and I am
at this moment highly considering the Casio Exilim P700.

However, I would like suggestions on other digital cameras, and some
tips for a novice into what to look at for a quick camera. I don't
exaclty know what makes a camera turn on quicker and take photos
faster.

What I actually am looking for: around $400 USD, compact, quick, has
some type of burst/continuous photo shooting, and at least 5 megapixels
(I use large photos a lot).

Thank you.

Old March 23rd 05, 01:54 PM
Stewy

In article

,

Rob wrote:

billy wrote:
I'm one of those people who has my camera in my cargo pants all the
time, so when the photo of the day comes along, its gone before I can
take the picture.

So, I need to shave a little time off the picture taking process. I've
been around to a few sites lately, reading reviews and such, and I am
at this moment highly considering the Casio Exilim P700.

However, I would like suggestions on other digital cameras, and some
tips for a novice into what to look at for a quick camera. I don't
exaclty know what makes a camera turn on quicker and take photos
faster.

What I actually am looking for: around $400 USD, compact, quick, has
some type of burst/continuous photo shooting, and at least 5 megapixels
(I use large photos a lot).

Thank you.

Have a look at the Ricoh R1V 5mp its the fastest virtually no shutter
lag, reasonable zoom 28-135 optical, very compact, video mode.

http://www.ricoh.com.au/products/vie...ange=Ricoh+Dig
ital+Cameras&RangeID=10

I'm happy with the R1 (4Mp) version. and still use there RR30 both of
which are extremely fast cameras.

BTW I think its better than the Casio. (Having played with the Casio.)

The Fuji F440 powers on in 5 seconds, shutter lag is 0.4 seconds,
recording time around 5secs at highest quality.

It's about the size of an MD but twice as thick. Put it in a small soft
plasic case and velcro it to your shoulder - if you live somewhere
relatively free of wallet or bag snatchers, that is.
Old April 27th 05, 04:53 AM
Jim

Stewy wrote in
:

Rob wrote:

billy wrote:
I'm one of those people who has my camera in my cargo pants all the
time, so when the photo of the day comes along, its gone before I
can take the picture.

So, I need to shave a little time off the picture taking process.
I've been around to a few sites lately, reading reviews and such,
and I am at this moment highly considering the Casio Exilim P700.

I would look at the KM G600. It is a suberb small cmera with very fast

start-up time. I have one and love it.