Suggestions for software to easily copy large numbers of digital images to CD and DVD

Old January 13th 05, 04:34 AM
MaryL

Default Suggestions for software to easily copy large numbers of digital images to CD and DVD

"Robert Barr" wrote in message
om...
It would be too difficult to group your material into 4.5 GB chunks? From
there, Nero (or almost anything else) gets the job done.

MaryL wrote:
Can anyone make some suggestons for software that can easily copy large
numbers of digital images to CDs and DVDs (and span more than one disk,
if necessary)?

I have both my data files and digital images categorized into a great many
folders (similar to the "directories" I used back in my DOS days). This
works very well for me. I can easily find exactly what I want. For
example, each class I teach has a folder with some subfolders, also
organized by topic. The end result is: this is very efficient for me, but
the different folders with varying numbers of files of greatly different
sizes would, indeed, make it very difficult to group material into specific
chunks for backup. I would like to be able to click on the parent folders
(often with *many* files or photos) and simply copy those to CDs or DVDs if
I can find the "right" program that will automatically span more than one
disk. Colin mentioned PowerDesk, and that looks very interesting. I sent
e-mail to customer support to see if it spans multiple disks. I don't have
any objection at all to paying for software if I can find a product that
will do what I want. Freeware is nice, but almost everything on my computer
is a commercial product that I bought -- again, no objections as all, as
long as it works well.

Thanks,
MaryL