Curious - who uses Dropbox?

Old February 17th 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default Curious - who uses Dropbox?

I signed up to Dropbox quite a while ago but removed the App. I was
using Evernote instead.

But for sharing files (including photos), Dropbox seems more practical
so I re-installed it and updated my account. Re-installed it on the phone.

Do you use Dropbox?

For what?

(Note, Google's "Drive" will startup soon too ...)

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
Douglas Adams - (Could have been a GPS engineer).
Old February 17th 12, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:18:50 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

I signed up to Dropbox quite a while ago but removed the App. I was
using Evernote instead.

But for sharing files (including photos), Dropbox seems more practical
so I re-installed it and updated my account. Re-installed it on the phone.

Do you use Dropbox?

Yes

For what?

Posting photographs on the Internet. You have looked at a couple in
the last few days. I find it convenient and fast in use.

(Note, Google's "Drive" will startup soon too ...)

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old February 18th 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
Posting photographs on the Internet.

Why don't you use instead pbase, flickr, your own website?
--

Alfred Molon
Old February 18th 12, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-02-17 18:01 , Alfred Molon wrote:
In , Eric Stevens
says...
Posting photographs on the Internet.

Why don't you use instead pbase, flickr, your own website?

For fast distro and viewing of images, something like Dropbox is less
formal and useful on the run.

Old February 18th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David Dyer-Bennet

Alan Browne writes:

I signed up to Dropbox quite a while ago but removed the App. I was
using Evernote instead.

But for sharing files (including photos), Dropbox seems more practical
so I re-installed it and updated my account. Re-installed it on the
phone.

Do you use Dropbox?

For what?

(Note, Google's "Drive" will startup soon too ...)

I use DropBox, the free account, across home, work, laptop, and phone.
I use it for things I work on multiple places, like notes I'm making
about packing for an upcoming trip, or to-do lists. I use it for things
I download at work but actually want elsewhere. I use it for my key
files, and my password database (all encrypted of course).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old February 18th 12, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-02-17 14:18:50 -0800, Alan Browne
said:

I signed up to Dropbox quite a while ago but removed the App. I was
using Evernote instead.

But for sharing files (including photos), Dropbox seems more practical
so I re-installed it and updated my account. Re-installed it on the
phone.

Do you use Dropbox?

For what?

(Note, Google's "Drive" will startup soon too ...)

I believe Pete Attkins uses Dropbox and I have test driven it. I guess
Drive will be another option.

In my search for an iDisc replacement by the end of June I got a
Dropbox account. It pretty much does what it says, but it was still not
the transparent setup I had with iDisc combined with Filechute.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/IMG_0101Aw.jpg

I have since gone to PogoPlug with a slightly different way to a
similar solution.
The big difference comes when you use one of their devices to create
your own unlimited personal "cloud" for the cost of the PogoPlug device
and any other hardware you might have attached. It takes mix of SATA
&/or USB 3.0 Hard drives, USB memory sticks, and SD cards.
I have 5GB of free space on their server which is expandable via two
pay tiers. Additionally I have a 1TB SATA drive giving me plenty of
"Cloud" space for all sorts of stuff with no limitation on file type or
size.
For iPhone use I have their app installed. For desktop or laptop I have
access via Pogoplug drives showing on my desktop, their software, or I
have password protected access via any browser on any computer.

So here are a couple of shots via Pogoplug. I can also send an entire
folder of files this way.
http://ppl.ug/lzG9F6OVGG4/
http://ppl.ug/O3aKLZiYy14/

Savageduck

Old February 18th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 00:01:33 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
Posting photographs on the Internet.

Why don't you use instead pbase, flickr, your own website?

1. I've never tried pBase

2. I used to use Flickr but gave it up after the recent changes.

3. I've never felt the need for a website.

4. Dropbox lets me post anything, not just photographs.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old February 18th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-02-17 14:18:50 -0800, Alan Browne
said:

[...]

Thanks for that - I'll look into it - thought it may be more that what I
need.

Old February 18th 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-02-17 18:22 , Savageduck wrote:

http://ppl.ug/lzG9F6OVGG4/

Nice photo of the car, but a crappy background.

Old February 18th 12, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-02-18 10:05 , tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:45:30 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2012-02-17 18:22 , Savageduck wrote:

http://ppl.ug/lzG9F6OVGG4/

Nice photo of the car, but a crappy background.

Hmm. And here's me wondering why the photographer didn't wait until
that boring cookie-cutter-styled car moved out of the scene.

I'm sure you realize that was TIC.

Curious measekite Digital Photography 4 February 14th 09 05:36 PM
Free DropBox Image Processor. [email protected] Digital Photography 0 September 4th 07 08:41 AM
I'm curious Inaccessible 35mm Photo Equipment 0 February 3rd 05 05:30 PM