Has Tri-X been changed again?

Old August 20th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_16_]

Default Has Tri-X been changed again?

Has Tri-X (at least in 35mm) has been changed again?

As an aside, for some time I was confident that Ilford films of a given
name/type were all from the same pot of emulsion, and put to different
bases 135mm to 8x10, for example.

Today I use only three films and D76 and Rodinal. It has taken years to
intuit what works best and I wish to stay with the films but I may have
to abandon Tri-X if it has changed again. Unless they all change
periodically and I am deluded in profound ignorance.

Old August 20th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"John" wrote in message
m...
Has Tri-X (at least in 35mm) has been changed again?

As an aside, for some time I was confident that Ilford
films of a given name/type were all from the same pot of
emulsion, and put to different bases 135mm to 8x10, for
example.

Today I use only three films and D76 and Rodinal. It has
taken years to intuit what works best and I wish to stay
with the films but I may have to abandon Tri-X if it has
changed again. Unless they all change periodically and I
am deluded in profound ignorance.

What makes you think its changed? Have you checked the
Kodak site? There was a change a few years ago.

--
---
Richard Knoppow