ANOTHER LUNCH HOUR WITH THE 40D !

Old April 10th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

Default ANOTHER LUNCH HOUR WITH THE 40D !

A few from yesterday's session:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397076

Old April 10th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
John Phillips

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:45:19 -0700 (PDT) Annika1980
wrote:

A few from yesterday's session:

How did you get the one in the aquarium? Lens on the glass?
Old April 10th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Draco

On Apr 10, 11:45*am, Annika1980 wrote:
A few from yesterday's session:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397076

Good images Bret. The Skant looks like it is a shot out of an old
horor flick dealing with dinosaurs. Don't ever want to be that close
to a timber rattler. Have to much respect for something that can kill
me.

The nautilus is quite stricking with the color. Did you saturate the
color a bit with an editing program or was that the natural color of
the shell and background with the snake?

Great shots using the light in the displays. Keep at it.

Draco
Old April 10th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Helen[_2_]

On Apr 10, 11:45*am, Annika1980 wrote:
A few from yesterday's session:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397076

I don't know the name of this reptile, but you certainly have captured
him in a way that brings out an emotion in me....AHHHHHH!! LOL!
Great composition, I especially like how you centered him with minimal
light, and all around him is dark. That makes him more creepy.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

I really love this lens you used. Very inexpensive but man, it can
give sharp results...as you have proven. Excellent choice of lens.
You had limited light to work with, using a wide aperture, with the
subject moving, you got great results. The bokeh is lovely and the
subject is composed nicely. You captured his "sneaky, slithery and
creepiness".

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

Beautiful color and detail on this nautilus. At a wide aperture in
low light conditions, 1/6 seconds, shot at 1600 ISO I'd say you chose
the perfect settings for an outstanding shot.

A very productive lunch hour with the 40D!
Helen
Old April 10th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Helen[_2_]

Sorry I meant this pic on my last comment: http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397076
Old April 10th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Apr 10, 12:28*pm, John Phillips
wrote:

How did you get the one in the aquarium? *Lens on the glass?

Yes, all of those were shot through glass.
Otherwise, I'd have used a much longer lens with the rattler.

Old April 10th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Apr 10, 2:29*pm, Draco wrote:

The nautilus is quite stricking with the color. Did you saturate the
color a bit with an editing program or was that the natural color of
the shell and background with the snake?

Moi? Use an editing program? What's that?

I did have to increase the exposure a bit since they keep it very dark
in that tank.
It's tough getting a decent shot in a dark tank when the nautilus is
moving slightly. This was the best of about 5 pics, all which showed
movement.

Old April 11th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
XxYyZz

"Annika1980" wrote in message
A few from yesterday's session:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397078

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/95397076

Nice. I like the rattlesnake the best. It looks like it was only a few
inches from your lens.

Old April 11th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Apr 10, 9:03*pm, "XxYyZz" wrote:

* Nice. I like the rattlesnake the best. It looks like it was only a few
inches from your lens.

Only about a foot or two through thick glass.
Otherwise, I'd have needed Anti-Shake technology and maybe some
Depends.