Once more into the breach!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st 04, 03:29 PM
John Bartley

Default Once more into the breach!!

Good morning all,

So it's dawned a lovely morning here in the Ottawa Valley. The weather
was a bit frightening earlier with thunder and lightning storms moving
thru'. It's cleared up a bit since then and promises to be a bright day
at least, if not with actual direct sunlight.

I perked up a pot of coffee first thing and sat back in the quiet of the
morning and listened to the birds sing and the left-over rain drop off
the eave of the house while I contemplated what to do next. - HA! what else?

I boarded up my bathroom (darkroom), retrieved my box of film from the
beer fridge in the basement, carefully restocking the beer while I was
there (Note to self : buy more beer), and then proceeded to load two
more negatives in to my one and only film holder. (I'm a charter member
of the cheapskates club, so I only have one). I have read and thought
carefully about all the good suggestions and comments that I have
received both here and in private email, so I followed the advice given
both about the loading and about checking the loads - all seems ok.

I think a morning drive is on the agenda - me and my sweetheart with a
coffee and doughnut - out on a tour of the valley backroads - maybe a
stop for frenchfries for lunch - and see if there are any photo-op's
that strike our fancy.

cheers for now :-)

--
regards from ::