Under the Overcast

Old June 13th 20, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Under the Overcast

I decided to drive down to Morro Bay only to find that the entire coast was socked in due to our local marine layer. All other conditions were OK, so I decided to see what it was like under the overcast.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-R2mcXj8/0/a7ec1894/1920/Untitled-1920.mp4

Savageduck

Old June 15th 20, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:52:14 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

I decided to drive down to Morro Bay only to find that the entire coast was socked in due to our local marine layer. All other conditions were OK, so I decided to see what it was like under the overcast.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-R2mcXj8/0/a7ec1894/1920/Untitled-1920.mp4

Thanks. Very nice. Brings back memories of a trip up the coast to the
Monterey Historics. West coast marine layer is definitely different
than what we have on the majority of the east coast.
Old June 15th 20, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

wrote:

I decided to drive down to Morro Bay only to find that the entire coast was socked in due to our local marine layer. All other conditions were OK, so I decided to see what it was like under the overcast.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-R2mcXj8/0/a7ec1894/1920/Untitled-1920.mp4

Thanks. Very nice. Brings back memories of a trip up the coast to the
Monterey Historics. West coast marine layer is definitely different
than what we have on the majority of the east coast.

Along the Central Coast the marine layer, which does occasionally burn off, and/or move further offshore, has been labeled, “June gloom”. We don’t have that problem up here inland.

I have a feeling the Monterey Historics might not happen this year, unless they reschedule for later in the year. That screws up the Pebble Beach Concours, and the auctions, along with all the various transportation contracts.

I last attended the Historics in 2010.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-SmtcPpM/0/1dc7add1/O/i-SmtcPpM.jpg

Savageduck

Old June 15th 20, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 06:43:43 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

I lived in Palos Verdes in SoCal for 4ish years. My apartment was on
the inland side of the peninsula crest but I worked on at the Northrop
Research Center on the seaside and typically drove into the layer.

I was last there in 2013.
http://edwardgruf.com/2013-08-18_Mon...aps/index.html

I see the SCRAMP volunteers have given up negotiations with new track
management of liability insurance issues. Managements reply was they
were close to an agreement and don't know why they broke off. Doesn't
sound good.
Old June 15th 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 06:43:43 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

I see that you have made the hike up to the “Corkscrew”.

I usually spend some time in the paddock, then some of the early corners, and up to the Corkscrew for that action.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BPQfHZP/0/6bd3f1b7/O/i-BPQfHZP.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BPQfHZP/0/6bd3f1b7/O/i-BPQfHZP.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-JKsh6xq/0/d5291d0c/O/i-JKsh6xq.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Xb3dbvJ/0/171cfa9f/O/i-Xb3dbvJ.jpg

Old June 15th 20, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 15, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 06:43:43 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 15, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Damn! I pasted one of the links three times, that was a goof. So here are the two others I intended to post.:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-6G3gcmX/0/86ace465/O/i-6G3gcmX.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-4jg9SGb/0/3f3d5d82/O/i-4jg9SGb.jpg

Savageduck

Old June 15th 20, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:12:14 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 15, 2020, Savageduck wrote

Damn! I pasted one of the links three times, that was a goof. So here are the two others I intended to post.:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-6G3gcmX/0/86ace465/O/i-6G3gcmX.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-4jg9SGb/0/3f3d5d82/O/i-4jg9SGb.jpg

I like both of these. Thanks.
Old June 16th 20, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:14:48 -0400, me wrote:

I see the SCRAMP volunteers have given up negotiations with new track
management of liability insurance issues. Managements reply was they
were close to an agreement and don't know why they broke off. Doesn't
sound good.

And the hammer falls, 2020 MMR is canceled.
https://racer.com/2020/06/12/montere...eled-for-2020/
What a stinking shame.
Old June 16th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 16, 2020, me wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:14:48 -0400, wrote:

I see the SCRAMP volunteers have given up negotiations with new track
management of liability insurance issues. Managements reply was they
were close to an agreement and don't know why they broke off. Doesn't
sound good.

And the hammer falls, 2020 MMR is canceled.
https://racer.com/2020/06/12/montere...eled-for-2020/
What a stinking shame.

That was inevitable given everything else that has happened this year. If they had postponed, just the lead time needed for vehicle transportation for some yet to be determined future date, would have been unmanageable.

Savageduck