The ZLRs I own

Old March 2nd 05, 05:19 AM
Harkhof

"David J Taylor"
wrote in message .uk...
Rob "r.weekhout"@" wrote:
[]
I'm thinking about the KM A200.
Not shure yet
I like the 28-200 mm (not so many do have such a lens)
Rather nice video (for a photo camera !)
8 megapixels
RAW
Not too heavy camera an rather small
Manual zoom

But I've been made a little bit afraid af all the postings on the
several FORUM about "dull" images.

Anyone can help me out ??

You might be best to try one out for yourself. I tried the KM A2 and
rejected it for various reasons, but not "dull" images. The manual zoom
was nice, as was the resolution of the viewfinder (EVF).

I'm coming to this thread late, but would you mind posting the reasons you
rejected this camera?

Thanks,
Hark

Cheers,
David

Old March 2nd 05, 10:10 AM
David J Taylor

Harkhof wrote:
[]
I'm coming to this thread late, but would you mind posting the
reasons you rejected this camera?

Thanks,
Hark

I've written about this before but:

- the images did not deliver the quality I expected

- the images were no better than the Nikon 5700 the Minolta A2 was due to
replace

- in-camera JPEG mode had nasty artefacts, requiring that you shoot RAW.
(The software supplied RAW to JPEG convertor didn't have these artefacts).

- there were faults in the Minolta A1 which were not fixed in the A2

- the image stabilisation indicated that it didn't work at lower shutter
speeds (e.g. 1/10s)

- the viewfinder was of "tinny" construction and did not articulate fully

Cheers,
David