FZ30 battery

Old April 13th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default FZ30 battery

J. Clarke wrote:
Paul Allen "paul dot l dot allen at comcast dot net" wrote:

The C700 can't take pictures of the night sky, but the FZ30
has a "starry sky" mode. I wonder if anybody's tried that out.

Dunno about the FZ30 but it works pretty well on the FZ7. On full zoom it
even shows star trails.

Cool! Do you have any examples to share? With my C700, a short
exposure doesn't register stars and a longer one gets swamped by
noise. I've taken a lot more pictures with this camera than I
ever did in 25 years with my old OM-2n, but it does have rather
severe limits.

Paul Allen
Old April 13th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

J. Clarke wrote:
Paul Allen "paul dot l dot allen at comcast dot net" wrote:

The C700 can't take pictures of the night sky, but the FZ30
has a "starry sky" mode. I wonder if anybody's tried that out.

Dunno about the FZ30 but it works pretty well on the FZ7. On full zoom
it even shows star trails.

Cool! Do you have any examples to share? With my C700, a short
exposure doesn't register stars and a longer one gets swamped by
noise. I've taken a lot more pictures with this camera than I
ever did in 25 years with my old OM-2n, but it does have rather
severe limits.

One of these days I've got to set up a Web site so I can share some of the
stuff I do.

Paul Allen

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old April 14th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

J. Clarke wrote:
Paul Allen "paul dot l dot allen at comcast dot net" wrote:

The C700 can't take pictures of the night sky, but the FZ30
has a "starry sky" mode. I wonder if anybody's tried that out.
Dunno about the FZ30 but it works pretty well on the FZ7. On full zoom
it even shows star trails.

Cool! Do you have any examples to share? With my C700, a short
exposure doesn't register stars and a longer one gets swamped by
noise. I've taken a lot more pictures with this camera than I
ever did in 25 years with my old OM-2n, but it does have rather
severe limits.

One of these days I've got to set up a Web site so I can share some of the
stuff I do.

Many ISP's give customers a bit of space on a web server. It's
trivial to ftp a file up to the server and mail somebody a link.
(Well, it's a lot easier than setting up a whole web site.)

But, aren't there a bunch of free image sharing sites? Can
anyone who has used one point John at a good one?

Paul Allen
Old April 14th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

J. Clarke wrote:
[...]

photobucket.com and imageshack.us are both easy to use if you just want
to stick something up on the web. Photobucket is more organized; you
register for an account, and can upload stuff to different albums and
the like.

Both are free.

-dms
Old April 14th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:04:24 GMT, Daniel Silevitch wrote:

But, aren't there a bunch of free image sharing sites? Can
anyone who has used one point John at a good one?

photobucket.com and imageshack.us are both easy to use if you just want
to stick something up on the web. Photobucket is more organized; you
register for an account, and can upload stuff to different albums and
the like.

Both are free.

Another thought: Some of the online printing services allow you to put
up photos for sharing on the web. I've been using shutterfly.com to do
my printing recently, and they have this feature. Just for giggles, I
gave it a shot:

http://dmsilev.shutterfly.com/

There's one photo in the album right now, which was in part an
experiment to see if I could get a reasonable 16x20 print out of an FZ5
(answer: yes, barely, and only after some post-processing).

-dms