Different way of selling?

Old December 9th 04, 04:18 PM
jjs

Default Different way of selling?

Forgive the possibly silly question - but I'm in the position of " selling
my life" and I have so much old photography hardware that I don't even know
what I have, but could dig into it all if people asked for specifics.

So, would soliciting "What do you need or want?" work for you?

(Some is truly old stuff, and possibly not particularly valuable. The things
I know are worthless are being thrown away slowly each trash-day.)

Old December 9th 04, 06:18 PM

I hope you don't include your old neg files in this!
#1 Scan them. There is stock selling that can be done.
#2 Sell them. I've bought old neg collections from the 30s, 40s, 50s,
& 60s, just assorted stuff, & sold it on eBay.

What do you mean by "old ... hardware". A 2D rear extension, perhaps?
I need one. Badly.

Some old SMC Tak lenses, perhaps? I wouldn't mind. @
http://www.pdml.net /
, "Cotty" has made a
screw mount adapter to use SM lenses on his Canon bodies.
Frankenstein,
he's been called.

At least categorize the goodies. I'd surely find something of
interest!
Where do you live? Going to be home for the holidays?

Collin

Old December 9th 04, 06:48 PM
jjs

wrote in message
ps.com...

What do you mean by "old ... hardware". A 2D rear extension, perhaps?
I need one. Badly.

I have a rear extension but it is number-matched to a beautiful Century No
1.

At least categorize the goodies. I'd surely find something of
interest!
Where do you live? Going to be home for the holidays?

I will work up categories. It's an ugly job but I have to do it sooner than
later.

Old December 10th 04, 02:33 PM
Msherck

I'm looking for a bed extension rail for a B&J wood tailboard 5x7, if that's
any help.

Mike S.

C program run. C program crash. C programmer quit.

Old December 10th 04, 03:32 PM

Amazing how many need LF parts, and we're all real software developers
as well.

C Programmer switch to Notes/Domino, escaping the clutches of M$.

Old December 10th 04, 03:59 PM
jjs

wrote in message
oups.com...

Amazing how many need LF parts, and we're all real software developers
as well.

Now that you mention it, I wonder why more software developers aren't also
machine-shop or woodworking enthusiasts so that they would make their own
parts.

A lot of the woodwork I see in home-made cameras is novice quality - but
wait, maybe they are really middle-management types! And cameras made up of
gluing cookie-cutter parts together are made by COBOL programmers who never
see the machines that made 'em. Machine-level programmers make beautiful
tiny little cameras, but it takes 'em forever and repair people can't figure
out how they were made. Micro$oft programmer cameras are loud, flashy poseur
models with lots of light-leaks.

Old December 10th 04, 09:27 PM

Almost.
A lot of us, at least those who started in PC in the early days (when
the first computer skill was soldering rather than programming!), we
are tinkerers. The other night I cleaned my Ilex shutter. Not hard,
but I used the wrong light oil.
Now it works fine when warm but sticks out in the cold. Time to clean
it again! I also repair my own Pentax-A lenses.
They're one to be patient with, but a practical design to work with.
Tinkerers we all are.
Woodworking and metalworking (becoming a smith of hard items rather
than soft items) is a different matter.
We (my observation) more often prefer abstract, principled creations
and are not too often into physical creations.

My 2c,

Collin

Old December 10th 04, 09:54 PM
jjs

wrote in message
oups.com...
[... snip good stuff...]
We (my observation) more often prefer abstract, principled creations
and are not too often into physical creations.

Indeed. We can hold perfection firmly in the center of our mind, but give
us a centerpunch and we drove it through our thumb. Regardless, we can
appreciate the fine mechanical skills of the masters like Steve Grimes,
Marty Forcher and all the others who did great camera things.

Old December 15th 04, 08:30 PM

Still awaiting more informaiton.
Anxiously.
But not too much so.

Any Pentax? Lighting (even old Graflex)?
Email me directly. Thanks.

Collin