Ilfochrome Pre-Soak?

Old December 14th 04, 07:26 PM
captainwookie captainwookie is offline
Junior Member

Default Ilfochrome Pre-Soak?

Does anyone know if the Ilfochrome process needs a pre-soak? Nothing in the Ilford documentation says anything about it, but I have seen in mentioned a few places online.
Old December 15th 04, 03:28 AM
LR Kalajainen

No presoak is needed for Ilfochromes, and in fact, might be
counterproductive.

Larry

Old December 15th 04, 02:36 PM
captainwookie captainwookie is offline
Junior Member

Thanks! I keep reading all this stuff about a pre-soak, but I would hope if it were really necessary it would be mentioned in the data sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR Kalajainen

Old December 16th 04, 11:49 PM
Ed Margiewicz

I use a pre-soak all the time for about a minute. Actually, in their
literature Ilford recommends a pre-soak for prints 11x14 and larger. They
say " for larger prints, pre-soaking is mandatory because of the larger
surface area that the developer must cover quickly and evenly to avoid
streaking. If you plan to make larger prints, you may wish to consider
pre-soaking all of your prints in order to establish a standard working
procedure for all print sizes." I used to occasionally get streaks or spots
on some of my prints so I practiced their recommendation. Hope this helps.

Ed Margiewicz
www.tranquilimages.com
news:1103074696.a1c683a5136f18fcaa2d8f938380e186@t eranews...

--