1.5 converter with a 28-200mm zoom?

Old December 17th 04, 02:18 AM
Toomanyputters

Default 1.5 converter with a 28-200mm zoom?

Trying to understand what I gain by adding a 1.5 converter to a 28-200mm
zoom lens on my Canon Pro1? 300mm?

Old December 17th 04, 03:20 AM
Bill Crocker

Yes, but it probably will not auto-focus, due to low light levels from
f/stops lost.

Bill Crocker

Old December 17th 04, 06:51 AM
Tony

Anal retentive bottom poster corrected.

Yes, but it probably will not auto-focus, due to low
Adding a 1.5 TC will get the op a 42-300mm focal length range with the TC

Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
http://EdwardGRuf.com
attached. Whether there is any loss of stops depends on the specific

design
of the converter. For example the Nikon TCs for the CPs are designed to
keep the same f stop.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:20:14 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Bill Crocker"
wrote:

"Toomanyputters" rainydays@theswamp

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
.com wrote in message
om...
Trying to understand what I gain by adding a 1.5 converter to a

28-200mm
zoom lens on my Canon Pro1? 300mm?

light levels from
f/stops lost.

Top posting corrected.

Old December 17th 04, 06:53 AM
Tony

I have yet to see a 28-200 that is acceptably sharp without a TC and I am
a user of TCs. A 1.5 would indeed put you in the three hundred mm area but
the Kenko Pro 300 is 120 dollars while the cheapest Canon 75-300 lens is
about 170 - and good enough to use a TC on.

Old December 17th 04, 07:59 AM
RustYŠ

"Tony" wrote in message
m...
Anal retentive bottom poster corrected.

As neither of you snipped the posts - the top poster won on points.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Old December 17th 04, 09:24 AM
David J Taylor

Tony wrote:
I have yet to see a 28-200 that is acceptably sharp without a TC and
I am a user of TCs. A 1.5 would indeed put you in the three hundred
mm area but the Kenko Pro 300 is 120 dollars while the cheapest Canon
75-300 lens is about 170 - and good enough to use a TC on.

... and how would he fit your Canon 75 - 300mm lens onto his Canon Pro1?