shutter cycles

Old December 22nd 04, 09:08 PM
Mitch

Default shutter cycles

Is there a hidden counter in D SLR's to tell how many shutter cycles have
been run? I see then talk about 'actuations' on ebay, but I have not been
able to find this on my D100. Does Canon have such a feature?

Thanks...mitch

Old December 22nd 04, 09:12 PM
RustYŠ

"Mitch" wrote in message
Is there a hidden counter in D SLR's to tell how many shutter cycles have
been run? I see then talk about 'actuations' on ebay, but I have not been
able to find this on my D100. Does Canon have such a feature?

They do but you need the Canon diagnostic software to access such
information. Only a Canon centre could download the data for you.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

Old December 22nd 04, 10:36 PM
[BnH]

On Canon, see the EXIF info.
For Nikon, you have to bring it to the service centre.

=bob=

Old December 23rd 04, 02:32 AM
Robert Scott

"[BnH]" b18[at]ii[dot]net wrote in message
On Canon, see the EXIF info.
For Nikon, you have to bring it to the service centre.

Or you can download a free version of Opanda's IExif. It works great and
will tell you the total number of shutter activations you've made.

Good shooting,
Bob Scott

Old December 23rd 04, 03:30 AM
Joe Makowiec

On 22 Dec 2004 in rec.photo.digital, [BnH] wrote:

Can you fwd me a URL ?
A quick google of "Opanda's IExif" resulted nothing.

Google has its moments... Try without the ['s].

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/