Filter (bayonet / screw in) question (Hassy 500 CM, 80 f/2.8 rental)

Old September 26th 04, 06:53 PM
Alan Browne

Default Filter (bayonet / screw in) question (Hassy 500 CM, 80 f/2.8 rental)

Next w/e I'm renting a 500CM/back with 80mm f/2.8 and 150mm f/4 lenses. Per the
sales fellow at the store, the filter attachment is a bayonet type.

Is there an adaptor that would allow me to use my 72mm dia screw mount filters
on a bayonet filtered lens?

I can't find a Bay 60-72 ...is there such a beast?

will a Bay 6-72 do the job?

will a Bay 60-72/6-72 allow the use of my Cokin-P kit (for which, of
course, I have the 72mm ring).

Thanks,
Alan

Old September 26th 04, 11:18 PM
Martin Francis

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

Next w/e I'm renting a 500CM/back with 80mm f/2.8 and 150mm f/4 lenses.

Per the
sales fellow at the store, the filter attachment is a bayonet type.

Is there an adaptor that would allow me to use my 72mm dia screw mount

filters
on a bayonet filtered lens?

I can't find a Bay 60-72 ...is there such a beast?

I've never looked. Perhaps an adapter and stepping ring?

will a Bay 6-72 do the job?

Nope- that's a Rollei thing

will a Bay 60-72/6-72 allow the use of my Cokin-P kit (for which, of
course, I have the 72mm ring).

Cokin make an adapter specifically for the Bay 60 size.

no, and yes...."

Old September 27th 04, 06:05 PM
jjs

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

Next w/e I'm renting a 500CM/back with 80mm f/2.8 and 150mm f/4 lenses.
Per the sales fellow at the store, the filter attachment is a bayonet
type.

Is there an adaptor that would allow me to use my 72mm dia screw mount
filters on a bayonet filtered lens?

Hasselblad made a bayonet (bay) adapter to series (67mm) filters. Maybe you
can get one and then find a 67mm to 72mm step up ring.

Alternately, B+W has Hasselblad bay adapters, but I don't think they step
directly to 72mm, but you can check that yourself. See
http://www.schneideroptics.com/filte...ll_photography

Old September 28th 04, 12:15 AM
Alan Browne

jjs wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .

Next w/e I'm renting a 500CM/back with 80mm f/2.8 and 150mm f/4 lenses.
Per the sales fellow at the store, the filter attachment is a bayonet
type.

Is there an adaptor that would allow me to use my 72mm dia screw mount
filters on a bayonet filtered lens?

Hasselblad made a bayonet (bay) adapter to series (67mm) filters. Maybe you
can get one and then find a 67mm to 72mm step up ring.

Alternately, B+W has Hasselblad bay adapters, but I don't think they step
directly to 72mm, but you can check that yourself. See
http://www.schneideroptics.com/filte...ll_photography

Thanks. Looks like a Bay 60-67 + 67-72 will be the way.