Thouoght I'd share some pictures

Old August 12th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Default Thouoght I'd share some pictures

Alan Browne wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:

Alan did not pen the charter, although he - and all of us in r.p.d at

Well, actually I did pen the major and revised versions of it for
Thadeus Lip****z (who started this NG) and enlisted my help as
co-proponent.

So, where the devil did he go? Or was he a figment all the time?

I wrote him e-mails a few times, he pleaded "newsgroup fatigue" and I
think he was also dis-heartened by the troll wars that erupted at about
the same time. Even recently as this subject came up I considered
writing to him, but didn't. I'll get a round tuit.

That'd be good. But the heaviest bombardment started well before any
RFD's were posted, IIRC, natch.

In any event, you are not able to change a word of the Charter now,
would you not agree?

"Officially" we would have to make a proposed group change and sign up a
bunch of people willing to vote for it... (exact procedure escapes me).
It can be done. Have at it if you like.

Shirley, you jest! I may post crazily sometimes, but any period of
insanity wouldn't begin to cover the time it would take to alter a
charter, if in fact it could be done. And who'd follow it anyway?

My point, however small, is that the purpose of the delimiter is to
automatically delete the boilerplate, and thus to trim the quoted
material so that subsequent replies carry less dead space. Thus, the
name and Cheers part could well be put below the two dashes, space and
return.

Oh that. I guess I consider my 'sig' to be the 'boilerplate' and my
salutation to be something I add according to the reply.

Of course. It just means others will take more time to delete it, and
most won't bother.

--

John McWilliams
Old August 12th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

D.M. Procida wrote:
Matt Clara wrote:

Why don't you be specific the first time around, next time? "Few people
care about length of sig lines" Is 100 percent true.

But the ones who do really, really care.

Then why the devil don't you use one above your name?

--
lsmft
Old August 12th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
D.M. Procida

John McWilliams wrote:

Why don't you be specific the first time around, next time? "Few people
care about length of sig lines" Is 100 percent true.

But the ones who do really, really care.

Then why the devil don't you use one above your name?

Because my name is not part of my .signature, which serves other
purposes.

Daniele