Thouoght I'd share some pictures

Old August 10th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

Default Thouoght I'd share some pictures

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:10 -0400, "Celcius"
wrote:
:
: "Alan Browne" wrote in message
: ...
: Dennis wrote:
: www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
:
: Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
: technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just
for
: the hell of it is not.
:
: Mind you, Alan, posting the link is not all that bad. One can decide to
see
: or see.
: However, my advice to the OP is if he's going to post on the Internet
for
: this group or ANY person, family, whatever, he should refrain from
printing:
: *Eyes of Pappa Photography* at the bottom of every photo. It ruins them
all.
: Marcel

That's the objective, isn't it? He wants to show them to us without the
risk
that someone will rip them off. If you like a picture enough to care that
the
legend is there, then you should buy it; and then Dennis will send you the
high-resolution version without the legend. Makes perfect sense to me.

Bob,
If this is so, then it's commercial, then SPAM...
Also, I don't give a hoot. If someone wants us to appreciate a photo, then
he shouldn't clutter it with scribbling.
Marcel

Old August 11th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:27:59 +1000, "Pete D" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
: On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:10 -0400, "Celcius"
: wrote:
: :
: : "Alan Browne" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Dennis wrote:
[...]
: Not really, this is not a comercial group and anyone that uses it for that
: should be immediatly killfilled.

That reasoning puts the exhibitor in a difficult situation. Is it your
position that anyone who makes pictures available on the Internet and mentions
them in this newsgroup has to expose them to being filched? Dennis wasn't
blatant or "commercial" about it. He didn't say "Come buy my pictures." I do
see your point, but I wonder if you aren't being unreasonable.

Bob
Old August 11th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:27:59 +1000, "Pete D" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
: On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:10 -0400, "Celcius"
: :
: : Dennis wrote:
[...]

If it links to a site that is used for the poster to make money there should
be at least some acknowledgement in the subject line like maybe comm,
there are guidelines somewhere ot just don't do it, it is just spam.

People that have permanent links to their sites in their sigline for their
sites I think are almost tolerable.

If Phil Askey or someone that had a money making site posted here all the
time I would simply killfile them as I do not believe it is appropriate and
I have done that to several here so only get answers from others. I frequent
several forums on conmmercial sites and am happy that they have adds all
over the place but not here.

Cheers.

Pete

Old August 11th 07, 11:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DMac

On Aug 10, 8:47 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
Tony Gartshore wrote:
In article ,
says...
Dennis wrote:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment or
technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just for
the hell of it is not.

All he's posted is a link to his website...

The point is to not post pointless posts directing to a website for that
purpose alone. Posting photos directly to this ng (as an attachement
aka binary) is also not permitted by the NG charter. (2nd link below).

Posting an image link to discuss an issue with equipment or technique is
another matter as stated above.

--
-- r.p.e.35mm user resource:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
-- r.p.d.slr-systems:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm

Wooo Hooo. The Sheriff and his smoking gun give it to another innocent
poster.
From my count, his post contains one link... Your's three. Looks like

you lose this time mate. What's up? no one to flame bait in the other
groups? Get a life man, you're starting to look childish (again).

Doug

Old August 11th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
DMac

On Aug 11, 7:20 am, Tony Polson wrote:
"Pete D" wrote:

Alan should probably take his PBase link off his sig then?

Don't be silly. None of Alan's little "rules" ever apply to Alan!

Absolutely!!!
He started the charter of this group telling everyone to limit their
sig to three lines and immediately began using four himself! When I
pulled him up on it, did he cut his sig down? NOPE! He changed the
charter!!!

Unbelievable.

Doug

Old August 11th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

"Pete D" wrote:

Alan should probably take his PBase link off his sig then?

Don't be silly. None of Alan's little "rules" ever apply to Alan!

Absolutely!!!
He started the charter of this group telling everyone to limit their
sig to three lines and immediately began using four himself! When I
pulled him up on it, did he cut his sig down? NOPE! He changed the
charter!!!

Unbelievable.

Alan did not pen the charter, although he - and all of us in r.p.d at
the time - had plenty of opportunity for input. Nor can anyone change it
without months of bickering.

Few people care about length of sig lines that are properly done - i.e,
a sig delimiter above the name, including salutation. (Thus Alan's is
generally wrong, regardless of number of lines.)

--
Cheers

John McWilliams

*** *** *** ***

In addition to it's, we can have hi's, her's and their's!!!

Help stamp out repetition, gratuitous apostrophe's, and NEEDLESS',
redundant, and /WHOLLY UNNECESSARY CAPITALIZATION/, **AND** superfluous
*EMPHASIS*. And tautological statements which waste space and can be
repetitive or even wordy in and of temselves', thus taking more time to
read, or even think about; it's tedious and enervating.

These are *THE* internet *SCOURGES'*, along with exclamation points!!!

*** *** *** ***

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

*** *** *** ***

Coach: "Are you just ignorant, or merely apathetic?"
Player: "Coach, I don't know, and I don't care."

*** *** *** ***

"Um, his vocabulary, like, uh, really, ah....... sucked."
Old August 11th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

John McWilliams wrote:

Alan did not pen the charter, although he - and all of us in r.p.d at

Well, actually I did pen the major and revised versions of it for
Thadeus Lip****z (who started this NG) and enlisted my help as co-proponent.

Few people care about length of sig lines that are properly done - i.e,
a sig delimiter above the name, including salutation. (Thus Alan's is
generally wrong, regardless of number of lines.)

Mine is correct, there is a double "-" in front before it. When I view
my posts with Thunderbird my sig is de-emphasized properly.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 11th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
D.M. Procida

John McWilliams wrote:

Few people care about length of sig lines that are properly done - i.e,
a sig delimiter above the name, including salutation.

Don't make things up.

Daniele
Old August 11th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Robert Coe wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:47:50 -0400, Alan Browne

: Posting an image link to discuss an issue with equipment or technique is
: another matter as stated above.

Fair enough. But where is the prohibition against posting a link to one's
pictures? What is your definition of the words "permitted" and "encouraged" in
the following quotation from the newsgroup's charter?

"Can we include photographs with our postings to r.p.d.slr-systems?

No. The charter of the newsgroup prohibits the attaching of photographs and
other attachments (usually referred to as binaries.) However, posting links to
photographs is permitted, even encouraged whenever discussion of a particular
problem or desired result are discussed."

Precisely. Conditional ("whenever"). Which does not include posting a
link to some dozens or hundreds of photos for no specific purpose as
"Dennis" (who I've never seen here before nor since his post) did.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 11th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Thouoght I'd share some pictures - ping "Coe"

Do you have a "reply - to" set to your e-mail when you post to usenet?