Wein Ultra Slave W930015 connection to Photogenic AK320 monolight

Old April 16th 04, 08:53 PM
Stanley Krute

Default Wein Ultra Slave W930015 connection to Photogenic AK320 monolight

Howdy

The Wein Ultra Slave receiver W930015 has a 1/4" monoplug and
a PC terminal for sync connections.

The Photogenic AK320 monolight has a miniplug sync
terminal. It comes with a sync cord that has a PC terminal
end and a miniplug end.

It seems that one way to use the AK320 with the Wein
Ultra Slave would be to just use the sync cord, connecting
its PC terminal end to the Wein and its miniplug to the
AK320.

I'm wondering, however, if someone makes a monoplug-to-miniplug
converter, so I can just use that and avoid the sync cord.

Anyone got thoughts ?

TIA

Stan

Old April 20th 04, 06:09 PM
Stanley Krute

An update:

I was unable to find a monoplug to mini-phone plug
converter.

So I ordered a 12" cord that has a male PC end
and a male mini-phone plug end, Metz #5548,
from Adorama.

Everything should be here by Friday afternoon.
I'll post again with results.

Stan

Old May 4th 04, 07:11 PM
Stan Krute

Further data:

The Metz #5548 12" cord with a male PC end
and a male mini-phone plug end did not work.
Its mini-phone plug was smaller than the
plug provided with the Photogenic AK-320 lights.

Also: the SSR transmitter with SSL-E monoplug receiver
combo kit, Wein # 920250, includes two coiled male PC
end to mail mini-phone plug end short coiled cables.
However, the mini-phone plug ends are the same size
as those on the Metz #5548, which is too small
for the Photogenic AK-320 lights.

Right now I'm just using the sync cord that came
with each light, all neatly coiled, wire-tied,
and hung from the vecro-attached SSL-E. Works fine.

If I find shorter cord substitutes, I'll post again to
this thread.

-- Stan
Old May 4th 04, 09:56 PM
Stanley Krute

I spoke to both Wein and Photogenic
this afternoon.

Neither knew of a better solution than
just using the original sync cords.

-- Stan

ps -- Adorama was very nice about taking the
Metz 5548 cords back.