Kodak Easyshare C633

Old November 11th 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim

Default Kodak Easyshare C633

Hi all

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633 so I'm
hoping someone can help

Looking at possibly getting a C633 with a G600 printer dock for my father.
He's in his late 60's and has no interest in "photography" apart from taking
snaps of grandchildren etc and printing off the ones he likes

So unless the camera or printer are total dogs, ease of use, reliability and
printer cartridge costs are the main issues, can anyone tell me the good and
bad parts of this outfit?

Thanks

Tim

--
http://www.timdenning.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old November 11th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
minnesøtti

Tim wrote:

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633 so I'm
hoping someone can help

This is the camera which requires no mental activity to do pictures,
and yet it produces the pictures of good quality. People who do digital
photography develop their interests further the stage of
'point-n-click' (and use the more advanced cameras such as dSLRs and
Pana LX1), and these are the enthusiasts who stick to this newsgroup.
Hence you do not find much about Kodak P&S cameras in here.

Old November 11th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor

Tim wrote:
Hi all

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633
so I'm hoping someone can help

There is also the newsgroup:

rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

where you can ask.

David

Old November 11th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim

Tim wrote:
Hi all

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633
so I'm hoping someone can help

There is also the newsgroup:

rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

where you can ask.

David

Thanks for the help guys, you're right rec.photo.digital.point+shoot is a
more appropriate NG I'll post in there

Cheers

Tim

Old November 11th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil Wheeler

Tim wrote:

Reviews of the C633 at these sites:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C663/C663A.HTM

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/c663.html

Phil

Old November 12th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Tim wrote:
Hi all

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633 so I'm
hoping someone can help

Looking at possibly getting a C633 with a G600 printer dock for my father.
He's in his late 60's and has no interest in "photography" apart from taking
snaps of grandchildren etc and printing off the ones he likes

So unless the camera or printer are total dogs, ease of use, reliability and
printer cartridge costs are the main issues, can anyone tell me the good and
bad parts of this outfit?

Thanks

Tim

From Steve's Digicams review site:

Bottom line - The Kodak C663 is a welcomed addition to their very poplar
EasyShare line of entry- level consumer models. Offering good overall
shooting performance, great image quality, and loads of user-friendly
exposure modes, it's sure to make a fun choice for anyone in the market
for a capable 6-megapixel digicam. However, with a street price of about
$299, it's a bit expensive when compared to similar models by other
manufactures .

As with most such printers, the cost of paper and 'ink' (dye sub thermal
transfer) may raise print costs to near $1 per print. The good part is
that they are fast, and the print is very durable, with great color and
nearly indistinguishable from a picture from a photo developer.

As for the printer:
Old November 12th 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

minnesøtti wrote:
Stujoe wrote:
In article . com,
says...
Tim wrote:

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the C633 so I'm
hoping someone can help
This is the camera which requires no mental activity to do pictures,
and yet it produces the pictures of good quality.

I have not used the C633 but it looks similar to the other inexpensive,
simple to use, lower end Kodaks that I have bought for my kids and wife.
Those cameras, for what they are, take pretty decent pictures under good
lighting conditions or when using a flash. Nothing spectacular, of
course, but if you are taking pictures outside in bright light or within
4 or 5 feet of a flash, they aren't bad. THey are great for the kids who
have a blast with them and don't care if some of the pictures don't come
out perfect.

I imagien this camera is probably a bit better as the ones I bought the
kids are fixed focus, no zoom, under $90 models.

My first digital camera was Kodak C330. It had autofocus and 3x zoom. I
was surprised with the good quality of picture for such an inexpensive
price. The only reason why I got Pana LX1 was that I wanted a shorter
shutter lag, and an LCD screen with better resolution.

Shutter lag for the C633 is reported by Steve's digicam review site as
'under 1/10 second'. DARN good for a P&S camera.
Old November 12th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim

Tim wrote:
Hi all

I've searched this NG for info and can't find anything about the
C633 so I'm hoping someone can help

Looking at possibly getting a C633 with a G600 printer dock for my
father. He's in his late 60's and has no interest in "photography"
apart from taking snaps of grandchildren etc and printing off the
ones he likes So unless the camera or printer are total dogs, ease of
use,
reliability and printer cartridge costs are the main issues, can
anyone tell me the good and bad parts of this outfit?

Thanks

Tim

From Steve's Digicams review site:

Bottom line - The Kodak C663 is a welcomed addition to their very
poplar EasyShare line of entry- level consumer models. Offering good
overall shooting performance, great image quality, and loads of
user-friendly exposure modes, it's sure to make a fun choice for
anyone in the market for a capable 6-megapixel digicam. However, with
a street price of about $299, it's a bit expensive when compared to
similar models by other manufactures .

As with most such printers, the cost of paper and 'ink' (dye sub
thermal transfer) may raise print costs to near $1 per print. The
good part is that they are fast, and the print is very durable, with
great color and nearly indistinguishable from a picture from a photo
developer.
As for the printer:

Hi Ron thanks for your help

One of the reaons I posted here is that the camera I'm looking at is a 633 &
all the online reviews I found are for the 663, the specs on the camera seem
the same but I wanted to see if they were the same camera maybe with a
different number in thr european market, which seems unlikely, or if the 633
was some kind of cheapo sibling