Kodak not so easyshare

Old December 28th 05, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Kodak not so easyshare

I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
attachments in email. I checked to see if a certain photo was in the
email I sent. I clicked on the attachment icon on the right side to
view the picture full screen and this came up... "This file does not
have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an
association in the folders options control panel." I had always been
able to view the photos in the windows picture and fax viewer. This
would automatically run. I contacted Kodak and they told me this was
not a Kodak software problem and therefore provided no help. I
therefore uninstalled the software and use another program to download
my photos. If I wanted to use the Kodak software, what would I have to
do to create "an association in the folders options control panel."
There are many different things to choose from. Thanks!

Old December 28th 05, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Stay away from the Kodak software. It does nothing for you that anything
else has to offer.

Old December 28th 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I uninstalled too and let the Windows program and my Microsoft Imaging
program take care of things. I love my camera too. Too bad their
software is always such a problem. I even have had problems when I have
Kodak discs make with my film pictures. You would think they would be
the easiest to use!! Well, so far their camera is great. Hope it stays
that way!
KennyJr wrote:
In article .com,
says...
I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
attachments in email. . . .

I've got a P850 too and also had a problem with the EasyShare software.
My problem was different, I couldn't download the pictures from the
camera. The drive icon would show up, but I couldn't access the drive.
In the end I just un-installed EasyShare, plugged the camera in, and let
XP install its own drivers and everything works now.

Despite the problem with EasyShare I love the P850. A very nice,
powerful camera with a load of features.

Old December 29th 05, 08:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Nemo wrote:
[...]

You need to read a good Windows book on 'file associations'. The
subject is beyond simple explanation here. Frankly, you lose nothing by
not using the Easyshare software. Enjoy the P850.
Old December 29th 05, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I forwarded your message to a friend who's been having the same problem. We
tried going to the folders options and resetting the file association for
..jpeg so that the computer was supposed to open them with Windows pic and
fax viewer but it didn't make any difference. So. after reading your
message, he opened Easyshare, clicked on "tools" there, and unclicked all
of the file associations that Easyshare was to open. Computer will now open
..jpeg files with Windows pic and fax viewer. Must be something in Easyshare
that causes the problem. So much for Kodak's belief that it isn't a Kodak
software problem!

Tom G.

Old December 29th 05, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I'll try that. Thanks!

Old December 30th 05, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Me again! I tried what Tom suggested and it worked. I did however, have
problems getting the program to work again when I reinstalled it. It
wanted me to update that version when in fact it is the latest one. I
went into search in my computer to find any residual files left behind
from the installation and/or their picture cd's. I found plenty and
deleted them. I have kept them in my recycle bin for the time being,
but everything seems to be operating. I do however, get a message after
downloading photos, but it doesn't create any problems. Sheesh, I
should have know this would be a problem as I have even had problems
with their picture cds. Thanks to Tom and friend. Happy New Year!

Old December 30th 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to Tom and friend. Happy New Year!

You're welcome, and Happy New Year to you, too.

Tom G and friend.