How to Take Better Night Photos

Old January 10th 06, 12:41 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

Default How to Take Better Night Photos

Hi all

Here's a great guide for taking better night photos. Very useful for
those who have problems getting sharp pictures at night. Do check it
out:

http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/night-photos

Gary

Old January 13th 06, 09:29 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all

Here's a great guide for taking better night photos. Very useful for
those who have problems getting sharp pictures at night. Do check it
out:

http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/night-photos

Gary

Thanks for the info. I have a query about tahting what it calls a 'control
shot'. It says ... "when it's convenient, take a photo of the exact same
Scene A again, but with the lens cap on."

If you have the lens cap on what does it matter where the camera's pointing?

BernieM

Old January 13th 06, 08:08 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

BernieM wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all

Here's a great guide for taking better night photos. Very useful for
those who have problems getting sharp pictures at night. Do check it
out:

http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/night-photos

Gary

Thanks for the info. I have a query about tahting what it calls a 'control
shot'. It says ... "when it's convenient, take a photo of the exact same
Scene A again, but with the lens cap on."

If you have the lens cap on what does it matter where the camera's pointing?

BernieM

I think the idea is to have the blank frame exposed at the same time so
the camera's affected by temperature & humidity the same as the picture
you actually took.

Not sure I want "basic" instruction from a site that doesn't know the
relationship between f/stop & shutter speed though.
Old January 13th 06, 08:54 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

"no_name" wrote in message
BernieM wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Ah I see, thanks.

I went back and had another read and see they don't mention 'depth of field'
in relation to aperature size..

BernieM

Old January 14th 06, 09:39 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

Pray tell, just what does all this have to do with "Darkroom" - did you
forget where you are?

Old January 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.darkroom

"Alecj" wrote in message
. ..
Pray tell, just what does all this have to do with "Darkroom" - did you
forget where you are?

Excuse me but I didn't start this thread.