Coupla questions (like I only ever have one, right?)

Old November 21st 04, 10:18 PM
Some Dude

Parts A and B last indefinitely unmixed, but mixed, you have enough time for one
roll of film and that is it. It exhausts (by oxidation, I believe), turns brown
and is finished.

With that in mind is it any good staining after it oxidizes?

What is an RSS feed?

Stands for "Real Simple Syndication"- Neat stuff..check out here- it
automagically pulls feeds and you can dump them into websites..great
for dynamically updating things:

http://zoom.sh/alex/media/photography/photorss.html

All the links you see in that URL are sent via an RSS feed from
elsewhere so they change as the news/page does.

I often find that a few dealers at photographic fairs will bring such film in
case someone like you is interested. Check out Photorama.com for a show near
you. You can usually find someone with old film at the Boston Photographica,
each April and October, sponsored by the New England Photographic Historical
Society, which has a web site for details.

Excellent. I'm not too far from boston..3.5 hrs..Worth the trip if I
can score

Still praying freecycle will come through

Cheers,
-sd
http://www.zoom.sh

Old November 22nd 04, 12:59 AM
Francis A. Miniter

Some Dude wrote:
Parts A and B last indefinitely unmixed, but mixed, you have enough time for one
roll of film and that is it. It exhausts (by oxidation, I believe), turns brown
and is finished.

With that in mind is it any good staining after it oxidizes?

Yes, because that is just staining and does not involve developing. Patrick
Gainer recommends that if you use an acid system (stop bath and fixer) you
should re-immerse the the film in the used developer for a minute or two before
washing to increase the stain, since some may have been lost in the acid system.

I, however, use no stop bath (just a water rinse) and a neutral fixer (TF-2), so
that step is not needed.

Francis A. Miniter

p.s., My Parts A and B are going on 3 years and are just fine.

Old November 22nd 04, 02:14 AM
Jed Savage

Gotcha. I have a hoya filter that I've used during the day playing
around with IR - but I never thought about trying it at night with a
flash. I'm going to have to play around and see what's possible.
Thanks!