RX1R test shot

Old August 22nd 13, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default RX1R test shot

I just had to test this one out first:

http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg

One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
great detail.

Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.
When the camera is in MF mode, it will zoom the display when you turn
the focus ring, and you have an aperture ring on the lens and a shutter
speed dial on the back. With this, manual control (which I prefer) is
easy and quick. There is a "C" button which you can set different
functions to, like ISO settings which I did.

There are tons of settings which I've yet to explore, but man this
camera has a great feeling and build quality.

Great camera to have as an always-carry in the bag!

Maybe I'll write something about the D800 later, we'll see.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 22nd 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:08:30 +0200, Sandman wrote:

I just had to test this one out first:

http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg

One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
great detail.

Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.

really really *well* while also offering some *really* good manual

Old August 23rd 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: I just had to test this one out first:
:
: http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg
:
: One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
: great detail.
:
: Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
: really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.
:
: really really *well* while also offering some *really* good manual
: controls.

And now, Eric, let's see you translate Jonas's article into Swedish. :^)

Or, alternatively, into Maori, should you care to take the quite reasonable
position that Sweden isn't your country.

Bob
Old August 23rd 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

wrote:
: On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:08:30 +0200, Sandman wrote:
:
: I just had to test this one out first:
:
: http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg
:
: One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
: great detail.
:
: Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
: really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.
:
: really really *well* while also offering some *really* good manual
: controls.

And now, Eric, let's see you translate Jonas's article into Swedish. :^)

Or, alternatively, into Maori, should you care to take the quite reasonable
position that Sweden isn't your country.

LOL
Or is my sarcasm meter too sensitive.

--
PeterN
Old August 24th 13, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:
: On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:08:30 +0200, Sandman wrote:
:
: I just had to test this one out first:
:
: http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg
:
: One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
: great detail.
:
: Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
: really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.
:
: really really *well* while also offering some *really* good manual
: controls.

And now, Eric, let's see you translate Jonas's article into Swedish. :^)

You are not quite right. To properly qualify, I have to criticize
Jonas's use of Swedish. :-)

Or, alternatively, into Maori, should you care to take the quite reasonable
position that Sweden isn't your country.

One problem with Maori is that it lacks most of the words of modern
technology. Consequently much of the translation would still look like
English.

Eric Stevens
Old August 24th 13, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

: wrote:
: : On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:08:30 +0200, Sandman wrote:
: :
: : I just had to test this one out first:
: :
: : http://sandman.net/files/rx1rtest.jpg
: :
: : One of the very first images shot with it. Great bokeh, great color and
: : great detail.
: :
: : Playing around with the camera it's handles being a compact camera
: : really really good while also offering some real good manual controls.
: :
: : really really *well* while also offering some *really* good manual
: : controls.
:
: And now, Eric, let's see you translate Jonas's article into Swedish. :^)
:
: You are not quite right. To properly qualify, I have to criticize
: Jonas's use of Swedish. :-)

Welll... I was just pointing out that whatever else can be said, Jonas does
speak at least two languages fluently. I don't know how it is in NZ, but in
the US most people can't say that unless they were born somewhere alse.

: Or, alternatively, into Maori, should you care to take the quite reasonable
: position that Sweden isn't your country.
:
: One problem with Maori is that it lacks most of the words of modern
: technology. Consequently much of the translation would still look like
: English.

I'm not surprised. Hawaiian, which is related to Maori, has the same problem.
Even classic phrases like "Mele Kalikimaka" ("Merry Christmas") are exposed as
borrowings from English, once you grasp the manner in which English words are
incorporated into the much more restricted Hawaiian sound system (only twelve
or thirteen phonemes, IIRC).

Bob