Opteka, any experiences?

Old March 11th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Opteka, any experiences?

Read an article about an 'Opteka' product. Used Google and found their
website.
Anybody familiar with this brand en there quality? I saw a Telezoom lens
(650 - 1300 mm) for an amazing 300 US$!!

http://www.opteka.com/productdetail.asp?productid=4127

Please let me know if it's any good.

Old March 11th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Generally bad reputation from what I have read.

Old March 12th 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Hans Schoelink" wrote in message
. ..
Read an article about an 'Opteka' product. Used Google and
found their website.
Anybody familiar with this brand en there quality? I saw a
Telezoom lens (650 - 1300 mm) for an amazing 300 US$!!

http://www.opteka.com/productdetail.asp?productid=4127

Please let me know if it's any good.

I can't speak for their lenses, but I purchased their battery
grip for the Digital Rebel XT, and it appears to be an excellent
product. And the price was 1/3 that of the one made by Canon.

--
barry in indy

Old March 12th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hi Barry,

Can you give me a webaddress where I can view/buy this products? I've looked
at Opteka.com but can't find it. I own a Canon 10D and I am looking for a
batterygrip and converter/extender 2.0

Regards, Hans Schoelink
Netherlands

Old March 13th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hans Schoelink wrote:

Hi Barry,

Can you give me a webaddress where I can view/buy this products? I've
looked at Opteka.com but can't find it. I own a Canon 10D and I am looking
for a batterygrip and converter/extender 2.0

Regards, Hans Schoelink
Netherlands

http://www.opteka.com/

Fran

Old March 13th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Hans Schoelink" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Barry,

Can you give me a webaddress where I can view/buy this
products? I've looked
at Opteka.com but can't find it. I own a Canon 10D and I am
looking for a
batterygrip and converter/extender 2.0

I purchased mine through Amazon. The seller was 47th Street Photo
in New York.

--
barry in indy