Opteka i-ttl flash

Old May 18th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Opteka i-ttl flash

I notice this for auction/sale at ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It claims to be Nikon i-ttl compatible -- the price seems far below
other i-ttl low end flashes (Nikon SB600, Sigma EF500). I can find no
other online source to compare prices and no online review/comments.
Even the Opteka site doesn't seem to list it
(http://www.opteka.com/categorylist.asp?ParentID=244)

Anybody have one of these or has tried it?

Is it just a bargain, is it not what it claims or...?

Old May 20th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 18 May 2006 07:56:32 -0700, "Brian Sullivan"
wrote:

I notice this for auction/sale at ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It claims to be Nikon i-ttl compatible -- the price seems far below
other i-ttl low end flashes (Nikon SB600, Sigma EF500). I can find no
other online source to compare prices and no online review/comments.
Even the Opteka site doesn't seem to list it
(http://www.opteka.com/categorylist.asp?ParentID=244)

Anybody have one of these or has tried it?

Is it just a bargain, is it not what it claims or...?

From a quick look at the Opteka web site, I would be very careful
about buying anything from this company, unless I could try it out
first at a bricks-and-mortar retail store.

Just one man's opinion

Father Kodak