[SI] Ok, I finished it.

Old August 31st 04, 03:08 AM
Brian C. Baird

Default [SI] Ok, I finished it.

As soon as Al puts it up, you can start flaming me. Flaming - heat, get
it?

Isn't quite what I was aiming for originally, but I think it turned out
OK and I was able to pull it off indoors.

I was trying to capture the whole shebang, but as I looked over the
photos I realized the real interest lay in the fine details. I'll have
to go back and shoot some more photos with a tighter crop on different
areas to see what I can come up with.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
Old August 31st 04, 03:21 AM
jimkramer

"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
As soon as Al puts it up, you can start flaming me. Flaming - heat, get
it?

Isn't quite what I was aiming for originally, but I think it turned out
OK and I was able to pull it off indoors.

I was trying to capture the whole shebang, but as I looked over the
photos I realized the real interest lay in the fine details. I'll have
to go back and shoot some more photos with a tighter crop on different
areas to see what I can come up with.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

I'm pretty sure Al won't get to it tonight; as at 10:20 EST he is sitting in
Atlanta waiting for the plane he's in to take off.

Jim Kramer

Old August 31st 04, 08:23 PM
Alan Browne

Brian C. Baird wrote:

As soon as Al puts it up, you can start flaming me. Flaming - heat, get
it?

Neat shot, I'm guessing a mirror in front of a fireplace, but
hard to tell. Looks like the icecube is sliding down... neat
placement of the fire image wrt the ice cube.

A little fill flash would have been a nice touch to make the cube
whiter (could say the same about my candle shot) but in your case
would have resulted in highlights in the water streams/drops
which would not be so good for this effect. (There is that blue
light lower right...)

A little too saturated on the lower left ... coulda fixed that up

Cheers,
Alan.