question about mf aspect ratio

Old February 15th 04, 08:52 AM
Stacey

Default question about mf aspect ratio

Roy Mock wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of trying some round prints, wonder where
I can find some round film? :-/

.... with round slide mount ... or round print paper in a round frame

Round print either with a round matt or round frame. Been shooting some
fisheye stuff and think some might look cool displayed that way.
--

Stacey
Old February 15th 04, 08:58 AM
Stacey

jjs wrote:

In article , Stacey
wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of trying some round prints, wonder where
I can find some round film? :-/

How about tintypes?

Have you seen Henry Bosse's photograqphs? All contact-printed on blueprint
paper. He chose to mask the rectangular images into an oval shape.

I've shot some stuff that I printed oval with soft edges to mount in oval
frames. One was a wedding shot of the bride in front of a victorian house
using t-max 3200 devloped in rodinal. Turned out really cool and got tears
of joy from the brides Mom when she saw it! :-)

I've never tried round images and think some of the fisheye stuff I've been
shooting might look cool displayed that way.

--

Stacey
Old February 16th 04, 07:18 PM
jjs

"Stacey" wrote in message

I've shot some stuff that I printed oval with soft edges to mount in oval
frames. One was a wedding shot of [...]

Oval people, oval pictures. Makes sense. One would think you worked in
Wisconsin or Iowa.

Old February 16th 04, 09:16 PM
jjs

"Bob Monaghan" wrote in message

Lots of MF SLRs do not provide 100% view of the image that will
get on film, the pentacon 6 series being one example among many.
The exakta 66 prism series is rated at 69% or 80% of the on-film image

Wow, that's so far off it is pathetic!

Kodak Safelight Bulb and Filter Question SofaKing In The Darkroom 1 April 9th 04 03:00 AM
Bellows question T R In The Darkroom 4 March 10th 04 04:48 PM
question about cross-processing the letter K Film & Labs 3 February 4th 04 11:03 PM
f-stop to light transmission % ratio question f/256 In The Darkroom 1 January 25th 04 04:07 AM
MF resolution question Faisal Bhua Film & Labs 42 December 17th 03 02:14 PM