Two lens kit thoughts?

Old February 8th 04, 03:34 PM
Martin Francis

Default Two lens kit thoughts?

I've decided to stick with the Bronica ETRSi system and sell my 'blad gear,
but as a compromise i'm ditching my elderly MC lenses in favour of PE glass.
I think I might be relatively happy starting out with the two lens kit of
60mm and 135mm (with the option of a 180mm later) as opposed to the more
common 50/80/150 combo. Anyone used the two lens kit? Any problems
encountered or words of wisdom to impart?

--
Here lies the late Martin Francis
He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss

Old February 8th 04, 04:12 PM
jjs

In article , "Martin Francis"
m wrote:

I've decided to stick with the Bronica ETRSi system and sell my 'blad gear,
but as a compromise i'm ditching my elderly MC lenses in favour of PE glass.
I think I might be relatively happy starting out with the two lens kit of
60mm and 135mm (with the option of a 180mm later) as opposed to the more
common 50/80/150 combo. Anyone used the two lens kit? Any problems
encountered or words of wisdom to impart?

Your combination seems just right. I had the 50/80/150 kit for years and
found that I never used the 80.
Old February 8th 04, 07:06 PM
Matt Clara

"Martin Francis" m wrote in
message ...
I've decided to stick with the Bronica ETRSi system and sell my 'blad

gear,
but as a compromise i'm ditching my elderly MC lenses in favour of PE

glass.
I think I might be relatively happy starting out with the two lens kit of
60mm and 135mm (with the option of a 180mm later) as opposed to the more
common 50/80/150 combo. Anyone used the two lens kit? Any problems
encountered or words of wisdom to impart?

--
Here lies the late Martin Francis
He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss
But he did take some photographs once.

I've a 65, 90, 150 for my RB67 and find the 65 and 150 cover all my needs.
I'm looking to get the 50, because I sometimes want wider, and maybe someday
the fisheye for the fun of it.

--
www.mattclara.com

Old February 9th 04, 01:13 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I suspect you will be happier than a hog in slop, Matt... I have found that
I wind up 99% of the time using 55/105/180 for my 6x6 mummeya... The 135 is
good for portraits indoors...
I'm not conversant with Bronica E series, anything longer than the 180? 135
to 180 is not much of a change...
denny
"Matt Clara" wrote in message
"Martin Francis" m wrote

in
message ...

Old February 9th 04, 01:15 PM
Dennis O'Connor

In a post I called you Matt - typo - sorry...

"Martin Francis" m wrote in
message ...

Old February 9th 04, 07:24 PM
Martin Francis

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
I suspect you will be happier than a hog in slop, Matt... I have found

that
I wind up 99% of the time using 55/105/180 for my 6x6 mummeya... The 135

is
good for portraits indoors...
I'm not conversant with Bronica E series, anything longer than the 180?

135
to 180 is not much of a change...

Well, the problem being the 180 looks such a superb lens (close focus to 1m)
for tightly cropped portraits. My other idea had been 60/105(macro)/180, but
that would mean considerably more outlay as I can get a 135mm for half the
average 105mm price, and i'd like to get by with just two lenses for a
while.

Old February 10th 04, 05:46 AM
zeitgeist

I've decided to stick with the Bronica ETRSi system and sell my 'blad

gear,
but as a compromise i'm ditching my elderly MC lenses in favour of PE

glass.
I think I might be relatively happy starting out with the two lens kit of
60mm and 135mm (with the option of a 180mm later) as opposed to the more
common 50/80/150 combo. Anyone used the two lens kit? Any problems
encountered or words of wisdom to impart?

yup, I really think the reason they include the 80 or normal lens with the
usual packages is they wouldn't sell very many otherwise. I ended up with a
couple 80s over the years and rarely ever used them.

I was a mamiya 645 shooter and my go to lens was the 110mm, however, I'll
bet the 135 is just right.

Old February 10th 04, 08:09 PM
Martin Francis

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Awww riiight, I get it now yes ladies, I finally 'get it'... The 60/135

is
going to be for a while yet... Should work like gang busters...
So whut film ya gunna shoot in yur blur box?
denny

NPS, NPH, Astia (haven't tried F yet), FP4, Delta 400, wanna try TP in 120
too.

Old February 11th 04, 01:04 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Just for grins, shoot some Fuji Acros 100 and soup it in Xtol, or Gainer's
vitamin c recipe... I am busily burning the last of a 100 roll block of
tmx, but as soon as they are down, I'm going to have a go with the Acros...
When I did my film/developer testing this past summer I was impressed by
Acros...
denny
"Martin Francis" m wrote in
message ...

Old February 11th 04, 01:08 PM
jjs

In article , "Dennis O'Connor"
wrote:

Just for grins, shoot some Fuji Acros 100 and soup it in Xtol, or Gainer's
vitamin c recipe... [...]

Hi there. I'm a mental health professional. Do you think the vitamin c
recipe could be responsible for turning my client into a fruit?