How big is YOUR card ?

Old December 7th 04, 04:03 PM
you know who maybe

"Annika1980" wrote in message
From: Eric Gill

Lyra is essentially the same thing, only with a 3.8" viewscreen, TV out,
music, video and pic playback, and a (substantially) higher pricetag.

For brute-force gobs of portable storage, the X-Drive is a good choice,
especially since you can buy your own drive mechanism. Upgradeability is
not a feature of any of the players.

Also check out Epson's new digital wallet.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/P-2000.shtml

Why not simply tether the camera to a unit with a 80 GB Hard drive? Now
someone go take the credit for my idea and make a lot of money.

Old December 7th 04, 04:16 PM
TheNewsGuy

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:16:24 GMT, Ken Weitzel
wrote:

The Peter Principle works nicely here - "things will
expand to fill the space available for their storage"

Don't think that is the PP.
========
Peter Principle -- In an organization an individual will rise to his
level of incompetence.

-or-

Parkinson's Law -- Work will always expand to fill the time available
for its completion.
=======

Anyway I am taking four CF card to Hawaii next month. Always want
backup.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old December 7th 04, 04:55 PM
Skip M

From: Eric Gill

Lyra is essentially the same thing, only with a 3.8" viewscreen, TV out,
music, video and pic playback, and a (substantially) higher pricetag.

For brute-force gobs of portable storage, the X-Drive is a good choice,
especially since you can buy your own drive mechanism. Upgradeability is
not a feature of any of the players.

Also check out Epson's new digital wallet.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/P-2000.shtml

Why not simply tether the camera to a unit with a 80 GB Hard drive? Now
someone go take the credit for my idea and make a lot of money.

The limiting factor with your idea is either the bulk of the HD or the
length of tether...G

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 7th 04, 04:55 PM
Skip M

Old December 7th 04, 07:23 PM
Pete S.

From: Eric Gill

Lyra is essentially the same thing, only with a 3.8" viewscreen, TV out,
music, video and pic playback, and a (substantially) higher pricetag.

For brute-force gobs of portable storage, the X-Drive is a good choice,
especially since you can buy your own drive mechanism. Upgradeability is
not a feature of any of the players.

Also check out Epson's new digital wallet.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/P-2000.shtml

Why not simply tether the camera to a unit with a 80 GB Hard drive? Now
someone go take the credit for my idea and make a lot of money.

Oh, a laptop with a firewire.......

Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk
Old December 7th 04, 07:23 PM
Pete S.

Old December 8th 04, 01:48 AM
Colin D

"Pete S." wrote:

I'm only taking 2 x 1Gb CF cards and a lap top with a 160Gb external
drive to NZ.... And 2 camera bodies....
Pete S.

www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

Fear not, Pete. You can always buy more cards out here in NZ, which you
will probably need if you get to see some of the scenery here {:-)

Colin (NZ)

Old December 8th 04, 03:09 AM
Eric Gill

"you know who maybe" wrote in news:xvktd.9917$_
:

From: Eric Gill

Lyra is essentially the same thing, only with a 3.8" viewscreen, TV out,
music, video and pic playback, and a (substantially) higher pricetag.

For brute-force gobs of portable storage, the X-Drive is a good choice,
especially since you can buy your own drive mechanism. Upgradeability is
not a feature of any of the players.

Also check out Epson's new digital wallet.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/P-2000.shtml

Why not simply tether the camera to a unit with a 80 GB Hard drive?

Because of the tether.

No one wants it. It's annoying enough in the studio, in the field it's a
royal pain.

The Wi-Fi attachment is another issue altogether.

Now
someone go take the credit for my idea and make a lot of money.

Don't look now, but such things have been around for some time.