Insane new TSA rule for film inspection

Old June 16th 04, 04:19 PM
Sander Vesik

Default Insane new TSA rule for film inspection

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bill Hilton writes:

Anybody with a brain could also figure out how to open the cannisters and put
explosives in them too ... that's why they swab.

Anybody with a brain could figure out how to put explosives in lots of
things with as small a volume as a film canister, so there is no
particular reason to swab canisters if every other object not being
x-rayed isn't also swabbed in a similar and complete way.

Another option is simply to buy film at your destination.

Agreed on both. Airport security being ridiculous as carried out however
in no way means that there is much radionality in the avoidance of
carry on luggage x-ray machines.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old June 16th 04, 05:46 PM
Bill Hilton

From: (Stephen H. Westin)

And anyone with such a brain would put the resulting device
through the X-ray machine rather than singling himself out
for attention by asking for a hand search.

I think the xray machine can tell if it fits the explosives profile ...
otherwise the terrs would already be hand-carrying C4 on board, no? That's why
the TSA is worried about items that bypass the xray.

Old June 16th 04, 05:49 PM
Mxsmanic

EDGY01 writes:

Has there EVER been a case where it was confirmed that explosives were found
hidden with film??

Explosives have been found in other objects that typically are not
swabbed, but I don't ever recall hearing about explosives disguised in
film.

Old June 16th 04, 05:50 PM
Mxsmanic

Michael Scarpitti writes:

Was there EVER a case where terrorists fly planes into the World Trade
Center BEFORE 9-11?

There have been other attempts to fly planes into buildings, and the
U.S. knew about attempts and plans long before 9/11.

Old June 16th 04, 05:58 PM
Mxsmanic

Hzakas writes:

I do agree with one respondent about writing the TSA, your local Congressman,
DHS director Tom Ridge, and maybe even President Bush. Taken individually, your
letter may not have much of an impact, but a collection of letters detailing
similar experiences by others may cause them to sit up and take notice.

The only thing they notice is votes.