Part needed for XD-11

Old November 18th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ric Trexell

Default Part needed for XD-11

I'm going to sell my late brother in laws Minolta XD-11 camera but it needs
the rewind lever for the film. He lent it to someone and they pulled the
little lever off the rewind thing. I have done a search of repair shops but
Minolta parts are rather hard to find. (Or they just want you to send in
the camera so they can charge you a mint to repair this simple part.) Does
anyone have any ideas where I can get one? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Old November 18th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:41:09 -0600, "Ric Trexell"
wrote:

I'm going to sell my late brother in laws Minolta XD-11 camera but it needs
the rewind lever for the film. He lent it to someone and they pulled the
little lever off the rewind thing. I have done a search of repair shops but
Minolta parts are rather hard to find. (Or they just want you to send in
the camera so they can charge you a mint to repair this simple part.) Does
anyone have any ideas where I can get one? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

Depends on what you consider "an arm and a leg". There's an XD-11 on
eBay for $35 (including shipping) as a Buy it now. It's listed as
"for parts", but with a 50mm 1.7 lens. This would give you a winder
and an extra lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-XD-11-with-Winder-D-and-50mm-MD-Lens-for-Parts_W0QQitemZ120326929608QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFilm _Cameras?hash=item120326929608&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1 4&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old November 19th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
I'm going to sell my late brother in laws Minolta XD-11 camera but it
needs
the rewind lever for the film. He lent it to someone and they pulled the
little lever off the rewind thing. I have done a search of repair shops
but
Minolta parts are rather hard to find. (Or they just want you to send in
the camera so they can charge you a mint to repair this simple part.)
Does
anyone have any ideas where I can get one? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

I've had good luck with
http://www.thefotogeeks.com/
for parts, nothing for the XD11 though.
You might call them and ask.

KEH lists two for sale $79 and $275.

-Jim

Old November 19th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rol_Lei Nut

Ric Trexell wrote:
I'm going to sell my late brother in laws Minolta XD-11 camera but it needs
the rewind lever for the film. He lent it to someone and they pulled the
little lever off the rewind thing. I have done a search of repair shops but
Minolta parts are rather hard to find. (Or they just want you to send in
the camera so they can charge you a mint to repair this simple part.) Does
anyone have any ideas where I can get one? Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

The Leica R4 was based on the XD-11.
Probably the rewind lever is one of the parts they didn't change.

Asking Leica USA how much that part costs could be an option....

Remove lenscap to answer