Lockdown View

Old March 29th 20, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Lockdown View

This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Savageduck

Old March 30th 20, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 30/03/2020 11:35 am, Savageduck wrote:
This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Could be worse ...

geoff
Old March 30th 20, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 3/29/20 5:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

We were in Medellin when the news hit. We were thinking of staying but
the thought that it could possibly be a year made us decide to just get
home ASAP.

I was pleased that we were able to get new tickets with no problems.
Old March 30th 20, 10:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 29/03/2020 23:35, Savageduck wrote:
This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Nice.

Must try out the pano features of the X-T3. But it just has too many
buttons and menu options for me!
Old March 30th 20, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 30, 2020, newshound wrote
(in articleNcydnaz_ANH8KxzDnZ2dnUU78LednZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 29/03/2020 23:35, Savageduck wrote:
This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Nice.

Thanks!

Must try out the pano features of the X-T3. But it just has too many
buttons and menu options for me!

That was a 5 image handheld pano stitched in LR rather than using the Fuji pano feature.

I just couldn’t resist the dawn light on the mountain, so I just snapped the 5 shots with the X-T3 & 16-55 f/2.8, ISO 160 @ f/4.0.

Savageduck

Old March 30th 20, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 30/03/2020 10:25 pm, Savageduck wrote:
On Mar 30, 2020, newshound wrote
(in articleNcydnaz_ANH8KxzDnZ2dnUU78LednZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk):

On 29/03/2020 23:35, Savageduck wrote:
This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Nice.

Thanks!

Must try out the pano features of the X-T3. But it just has too many
buttons and menu options for me!

That was a 5 image handheld pano stitched in LR rather than using the Fuji pano feature.

I just couldn’t resist the dawn light on the mountain, so I just snapped the 5 shots with the X-T3 & 16-55 f/2.8, ISO 160 @ f/4.0.

Very well done.

Are those 2 darkish 'rays' from the mountain-top into the sky around
60-70% across, articfacts from the stitching or tricks of the light in
the source photos ?

geoff
Old March 30th 20, 12:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 30, 2020, geoff wrote
(in ):

[...]

It was a down & dirty, non-manual, spur of the moment effort. I believe those issues you noted are due to shutter speed variations between frames. I shot aperture priority f/4.0 @ ISO 160. The SS for the 5 frames, left to right a 1/120, 1/105, 1/60, 1/125,& 1/210.

Savageduck

Old March 30th 20, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 29 Mar 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern
suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19
lockdown in South Africa.

Very nice. I love LR's pano features. As Geoff observered, if you had to
be stuck somewhere, it looks like there could be worse.

I seem to recall that your dad is still with us. How is he doing?

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old March 30th 20, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:35:56 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19 lockdown in South Africa.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gLZ6LMn/0/db89951b/O/i-gLZ6LMn.jpg

Nice, glad you made it back ok.
Old March 30th 20, 01:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 30, 2020, Joe Makowiec wrote
(in 6.35.198):

On 29 Mar 2020 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

This is a pano of the view from the apartment in the Southern
suburbs of Cape Town where I might have had to sit out a COVID-19
lockdown in South Africa.

Very nice. I love LR's pano features. As Geoff observered, if you had to
be stuck somewhere, it looks like there could be worse.

I seem to recall that your dad is still with us. How is he doing?

He is doing OK. He will be 97 in July, and his biggest issue is age related macular degeneration which frustrates him when he tries to read. His peripheral vision allows him to navigate, and watch TV, but as soon as he concentrates on a detail, or specific print or words it becomes a central vision void. In terms of mobility he seems frail to me, but manages mostly with a cane, and uses a walker-seat with a tray on the seat as an aid to carry coffee, and stuff around his apartment.

Savageduck

The view from down under. Douglas[_6_] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 February 16th 08 01:52 AM
What is the best way to view and delete photos in a full page view [email protected] Digital Photography 3 September 29th 07 05:04 PM
View Finder vs. Image Field-Of-View! Doug Mitton Digital Photography 10 December 14th 04 06:22 AM
A95 view Chicha Digital Photography 0 August 18th 04 02:52 PM
[Pic] Point of view Randy Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 April 6th 04 02:39 AM