Photographing ugly people.

Old May 16th 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

Default Photographing ugly people.

Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?
Old May 16th 17, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 15, 2017, Peter Jason wrote
(in ):

Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

There are too many factors psycological and environmental, for both the
shooter and/or the subject to be able to provide a single standard answer.

You say the subject is ugly, but who has made that determination, you the
shooter, or the subject?

You say you want to make the subject behave in a certain way by looking in a
certain direction, discreetly?
That tells me you are trying to capture a candid image without the
subject’s approval.

Is this a person you know, and can relate to, or is this a question general
and you want to capture a shot of a stranger?

Is this meant to be a candid shot, or is the subject being posed?

Does the subject know you are trying to capture their image?

Is the subject truly ugly, or does he/she just have a poor self image?

Each scenario requires a different technique.
If you know the subject, just ask,, even if you don’t know the
subject, just ask, and see where that leads. Otherwise you might have to be
somewhat sneaky.

Savageduck

Old May 16th 17, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old May 16th 17, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Davoud Wrote in message:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Blind as a bat you are then! :-))
--
360 ain't enough

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old May 16th 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , android
wrote:

Davoud Wrote in message:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Blind as a bat you are then! :-))

My mailbox is flooded with mail that basically exclaims that that can't
be sooo... And you're so true to the truth that we are falling in to the
deepest of wells in existential crises!

The answer to that is that SuperPoster has X-Ray vision and thus sees
stuff! ;-))
--
teleportation kills
Old May 17th 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/16/2017 1:06 AM, Davoud wrote:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

I have seen pictures of some very ugly people. Hitler, Mussolini, and
Saddam Hussein come to mind.

--
PeterN
Old May 17th 17, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-16 23:12:35 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/16/2017 1:06 AM, Davoud wrote:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

I have seen pictures of some very ugly people. Hitler, Mussolini, and
Saddam Hussein come to mind.

....and there is Trump, the guy who is a dead ringer for Mussolini.
Moreover, you don't need to say anything to have him took at at camera.
There isn't a camera he doesn't love, even if it is a Russian camera.
The resulting images are nauseating.

Savageduck

Old May 17th 17, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 2017-05-16 23:12:35 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/16/2017 1:06 AM, Davoud wrote:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

I have seen pictures of some very ugly people. Hitler, Mussolini, and
Saddam Hussein come to mind.

...and there is Trump, the guy who is a dead ringer for Mussolini.
Moreover, you don't need to say anything to have him took at at camera.
There isn't a camera he doesn't love, even if it is a Russian camera.
The resulting images are nauseating.

~~ ~~
"Mama, look at bubu" they shout
Their mother tell them "shut up your mout' "
"That is your daddy", "oh, no"
"My daddy can't be ugly so"
"Shut your mout' " "Go away"
~
[Harry Belafonte]

--
==
Later....

Old May 17th 17, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2017-05-16 23:12:35 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/16/2017 1:06 AM, Davoud wrote:
Peter Jason:
Is there any standard way to convince an ugly person to look in a
particular direction? Discreetly?

What kind of person are you!? I have never seen an ugly person.

I have seen pictures of some very ugly people. Hitler, Mussolini, and
Saddam Hussein come to mind.

...and there is Trump, the guy who is a dead ringer for Mussolini.
Moreover, you don't need to say anything to have him took at at camera.
There isn't a camera he doesn't love, even if it is a Russian camera.
The resulting images are nauseating.

That should read, "especially if its a Russian camera.........."

--
PeterN
Old May 17th 17, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Mon, 15 May 2017 20:53:32 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

[...]

Some are cross-eyed. How does one handle this sort of thing? They're
looking in every direction at once!