Air Ektar Lens mount

Old January 16th 04, 03:35 AM
Ken Smith

Default Air Ektar Lens mount

Mounting my new/old 14" Commercial Ektar posed a slight problem, as
the mounting ring was too shallow and didn't make the distance through
a fat wood lensboard for a 2D. I need a deeper thread, but my
curiosity is this. Because the aperture ring is also thick and needs
room between the lens board and itself to operate smoothly, I was
wondering if this space that will be created is nothing to be
concerned about, or if I'm getting off on the wrong track again. Could
there be another part to the mounting aparatus that brings the lens
flush to the board while allowing the aperture ring to move?
Old January 16th 04, 05:31 PM
Jos. Burke

I assume you need to mount the ring to the board front as opposed to
through to the backside of the lens board.
Should simplify the problem--as in "Ahhh--I see!!"
I did the same with my 14" Ektar upon receiving it-I assumed a fastening
through to the backside of the board BUT you don't have that much thread.
Actually I had to get an Ilex #5 ring/flange through Midwest Photo
Exch.($29)
Enjoy the Ektar!
J Burke

om...

Old January 16th 04, 11:11 PM
Ken Smith

"Jos. Burke" wrote in message . ..
I assume you need to mount the ring to the board front as opposed to
through to the backside of the lens board.
Should simplify the problem--as in "Ahhh--I see!!"
I did the same with my 14" Ektar upon receiving it-I assumed a fastening
through to the backside of the board BUT you don't have that much thread.
Actually I had to get an Ilex #5 ring/flange through Midwest Photo
Exch.($29)
Enjoy the Ektar!
J Burke

Ahhhhaaaa, you're right. Good thing I'm not in charge of
anything serious. I was reluctant to consider it that way I guess,
because it's a wood board and a heavy lens, but after a few bolts went
in my worries disappeared.
It's completely solid. Thanks much J Burke. Ken Smith

"8x10? Why do you need 8x10?"

"Need? Whats need got to do with it?"