Need dry mount press recommendation

Old January 25th 04, 09:46 PM
Wehs

Default Need dry mount press recommendation

I need a recommendation as to what I should look for in a dry mount press -
mostly 5x7 to 11x14 prints - little exerience in this area but I'd like to do
ebay rather than new. What should I watch out for.

Thanks,

Dave
Old January 26th 04, 12:44 AM
Mark A

"Wehs" wrote in message
I need a recommendation as to what I should look for in a dry mount

press -
mostly 5x7 to 11x14 prints - little exerience in this area but I'd like to

do
ebay rather than new. What should I watch out for.

Thanks,

Dave

The Seal 210M is probably the best for that size, however you could get buy
with the 160M (the edges of the mount board would stick out while pressing).

The main things that can wrong with these is the:

- pad (replaceable) being extremely soiled, damaged, or contaminated with
chemicals you don't want on your materials.

- the thermostats eventually will go out on these, but can be replaced.

They are quite heavy (75 lbs for the 210M) and I suppose they could be
damaged during shipping if improperly packaged.

Old January 26th 04, 03:04 AM
Scott Schuckert

In article , Wehs
wrote:

I need a recommendation as to what I should look for in a dry mount press -

I agree - can't go wrong with a Seal 210. I used the same one for
almost 15 years, including several years of public use in a camera
shop.

In addition to the pad, I've seen them with the upper heated surface
gouged, or so gunked up as to be a chore to clean. Unusual, but you
don't want to have to replace THAT part.

You may want to look in Shutterbug for camera shows in your area.
Presses occasionally turn up, and you'll save a lot of money and worry
about shipping.
Old January 27th 04, 01:39 AM
Wehs

Thanks for all your help...this ng far surpasses others for usefull advice and
(relative) absence of bs and nonsense.
Old January 27th 04, 04:34 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 1/26/2004 4:39 PM Wehs spake thus:

Thanks for all your help...this ng far surpasses others for usefull advice and
(relative) absence of bs and nonsense.

Oh, you haven't seen us at our best. Stick around a while.

--
Focus: A very overrated feature.

- From Marcy Merrill's lexicon at Junk Store Cameras
(http://merrillphoto.com/JunkStoreCameras.htm)