Kodak C310 and 2G memory card

Old January 22nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sailingharry

Default Kodak C310 and 2G memory card

Greetings to all,

Hopefully Ron Baird will see this. He seems to usually have ALL the
answers!

I have a Kodak C310, with ROM 1.0100. It works fine with a 512M card.
I just bought a Kingston 2G card, and it won't accept it. A quick
Google of C310 and 2G shows many sources selling 2G SD cards for the
C310, and even some selling the C310 *with* a 2G card. I even found a
message where Ron said it ought to work (and, no, I'm not slamming Ron,
or blaming him. Just pointing out that the available information
varies). I also found Kodak's site where it says it won't work.

I have tried:

The card works in my Kodak DX3700 (which I think is an older camera!)
The card works in my HP iPaq
I have partitioned the card to 900 MB (not easy, but can be done
through the PocketPC).
I have borrowed a Sandisk 2GB card.
I have NOT thrown the camera against the wall (not yet, but I'm willing
to try it....)

Any thoughts? I'm OK with formatting it to 900 MB, if anyone can even
tell me how to get that to work. For the $9 I paid for the card, 900MB
is better than the 512 I have right now.

Thanks!

Harry

Old January 22nd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:07:01 -0800, Sailingharry wrote:

[...]

Just out of curiosity, are you certain it won't work? Could you describe
what happens when you put the card it? Have you actually tried to format
and use it? And, where did you find a 2gb card for $9 - I got a 2gb SD
card from OfficeMax for $25 - but that's as good as I've seen.

Old January 22nd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sailingharry

The card was on Buy.com. $45 with free shipping, $35 rebate. No
taxes! But it's expired.

It surely doesn't work. I put it in, it says card full, then it says
card must be formatted, then after telling it to format, it gives an
error code. Googling the error code has not been helpful. I have
formatted it using my PocketPC, the C310, and my other Kodak -- the
C310 fails and the others format successfully, but it still doesn't
work in the C310.

Old January 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Rubin

ray writes:
and use it? And, where did you find a 2gb card for $9 - I got a 2gb SD
card from OfficeMax for $25 - but that's as good as I've seen.

newegg.com has various 2gb cards in the $18 range.
Old January 22nd 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:34:54 -0800, Sailingharry wrote:

The card was on Buy.com. $45 with free shipping, $35 rebate. No
taxes! But it's expired.

It surely doesn't work. I put it in, it says card full, then it says
card must be formatted, then after telling it to format, it gives an
error code. Googling the error code has not been helpful. I have
formatted it using my PocketPC, the C310, and my other Kodak -- the
C310 fails and the others format successfully, but it still doesn't
work in the C310.

Just was curious - it sounds as though you've tried pretty much what I
would have. If you have access to some partitioning software on a
computer, or a PC you can fiddle with, I might suggest the GParted Linux
Live CD - it is a full linux distro on a CD which will boot and run from
the CD. It will bring up a fully functional program designed to partition
and format various media. I've never tried partitioning a memory card, but
it may get you somewhere - and would definitely be interesting. It should
be quite simple to undo whatever you do there.

Old January 26th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Baird

Greetings Harry,

Glad to try and help.

In general, most Kodak cameras will work with any of the Kodak memory cards.
Since we now sell a 2 gig card, I would suspect that the camera will work
with it. It may be, however, that the firmware or for some other quirk, that
size card may not work. I am checking on it for you. For now I would say
yes. If things change I will be back with more.

You are asking and I am not sure why. Are you not getting the use of the
card in the camera. Does the card show up as a 2 gig resource in Windows?

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

oups.com...