Calling All Pentax Spotmatic Enthusiasts

Old January 4th 05, 04:28 PM
Larry Yaremko

Default Calling All Pentax Spotmatic Enthusiasts

Hello.

I am Larry Yaremko, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I have just
published a web site dedicated to the Asahi/Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic/ES
cameras and SMC Takumar lenses. I would like to extend an invitation to all
Pentax enthusiasts to visit the site and to check out the many hard-to-find
resources that it will contain.

I have already uploaded a series of rarely-seen SMC Takumar lens data
sheets. The entire series of normal lenses and moderate wide angle lenses
are now online. More will be added in the coming days. Every SMC Takumar
lens model that was ever made will be represented.

I will also be publishing copies of test reports, camera and lens manuals
and vintage advertisements from Honeywell from the 60s and 70s.

There will also be a Message Board where fellow enthusiasts can discuss
issues related to Spotmatic and ES cameras, or Takumar lenses. I hope to
have that feature in operation by the end of January.

The web site is completely non-commercial, and contains no tracking cookies,
web bugs or any other components that are invasive of anyone's privacy.

It is my hope that the site can be an online encyclopedic resource devoted
specifically to the M42 system. I plan on adding some new item or feature
every day.

Even though the site is now in its infancy, I would appreciate your
spreading the word that it is out there. If anyone has any materials
related to the Spotmatic or Takumar that they would like to share with the
rest of us, please email me.

Thanks, and I hope to meet many of you online soon.

Larry Yaremko
www.yaremko.com Pentax Spotmatic Web Site

Old January 4th 05, 04:34 PM
me

"Larry Yaremko" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

Hi Larry. Have you seen this site? http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/
Film best!
me

Old January 4th 05, 05:17 PM
Escaper

Hello Larry:

I am glad to see your site. I wish you luck and I would love to assist
in one form or another. Regards, E.

Old January 4th 05, 05:44 PM
me

[...]

Recommended changes to website:
Error? Link for 50mm 1.8 on left of lens menu links to 55mm 1.8.

I don't like frames, personal preference.
Good Luck,
me

Old January 4th 05, 06:20 PM
Siddhartha Jain

Larry Yaremko wrote:
I am Larry Yaremko, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I have just
published a web site dedicated to the Asahi/Honeywell Pentax

Spotmatic/ES
cameras and SMC Takumar lenses. I would like to extend an invitation

to all
Pentax enthusiasts to visit the site and to check out the many

hard-to-find
resources that it will contain.

Good effort, Larry. As of now, I own a Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens
that I use on my Canon 300D. Soon, I should also own a M42 mount 28mm
f/2.8 and Jupiter 200mm f/4 lens.

I was interested in a list dedicated to M42 mount lenses. If anyone's
interested I can start a yahoo-group for the same.

- Siddhartha

Old January 4th 05, 08:43 PM
Larry Yaremko

"me" wrote in message

Hi Larry. Have you seen this site? http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/

I have seen it, and that site was my inspiration to create a site that would
be to the M42 system what his is for K-Mount.

Ir is becoming increasingly difficult for Pentax enthusiasts to get their
hands on information, and I hope that my new site may serve in some small
way to fill the gap. Not a lot on it yet, but I do intend to add to it
every single day, as I can find time. Within a couple of months it should
be cooking.

Regards,
Larry