How much does cutting-edge AF matter? Watch Nikon

Old October 6th 20, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default How much does cutting-edge AF matter? Watch Nikon

On Oct 5, 2020, RichA wrote
(in ):

On 2020-10-05 12:53, Alfred Molon wrote:
In ,
says...

No. That's not what I said. I said it is not the best source. But it
is a source.

That's just a clickbait video which the author made to gather
some hits.

You obviously didn't watch it. 4,344 is a good sample set.
The information content is minimal, it's like saying
"things fail, and the more you use them, the more likely you are
to experience a failure". That kind of statement can be made
about everything.

And as stated in that linked video where they sample many thousands of
users there is a clear correlation:

Shoot more photos : More chance of memory card failures.

And how big exactly is that risk?

If you'd watch the video you would know:

Out 4344 photoraphers surveyed, 47% have had at least one memory card
failure.

B.S. Maybe due to abuse. But no WAY is the failure rate from card companies
anywhere NEAR that.

That’s not the card failure rate, and I don’t think you can infer it from
that little bit of info. I’m wondering why you were questioning *my* grasp
of statistics.

Old October 6th 20, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
says...

You obviously didn't watch it. 4,344 is a good sample set.

And still that means nothing.

And how big exactly is that risk?

If you'd watch the video you would know:

Out 4344 photoraphers surveyed, 47% have had at least one memory card
failure.
People who have shot between 200 and 500 thousand photos had an even
record of card failure. (ie: half of them had at least 1 card fail)
People who have shot over 1M photos: 77% have had at least 1 card fail.

That doesn't give you the failure rate. It doesn't tell you how
many images you are going to lose due to card failures every
10000 / 100000 images you shoot.

It has nothing to do with camera brand

Again a bold statement based on nothing.

Electronic failures are much more likely to occur than that.

You have no data to back up that statement.

Making up
poor examples to justify your position is pretty lame. Very lame.

You are lame because you make statements, but have no data to
back them up.

Of course. Two slot systems are for pros and people who value their
efforts. So it would not apply to you at all.

Of course I value my efforts, but I focus on real problems, not
non-existent ones.

By the way, you are making a lot of personal attacks. That is
lame.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site